Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Columbia, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So just remove the valve stems from two of each of the offenders' tires, and leave a card under a wiper (with the stems taped to the back of it) blade that says "The Anti-ICER strikes again! Next time don't park where you're not supposed to." :mad:

Reactions: mrElbe
This site was 100% ICEd when I went through during my recent road trip. Arrived here with 20 rated miles around 10:30PM. Management would not tow nor had any method of determining which guests were blocking the spots. No alternative ways to access these stalls (by driving up on the grass or something) either, since trees and such are directly behind them. Took about 90 minutes of waiting and pestering every person we saw out and about to find someone to move one of the cars so I could charge.

2017-03-18%2022.33.22-1920.jpg

Another manager was kind enough to provide a traffic cone to put in the spot once I was done, but that was about it.

Overall, hotels seem like horrible places for superchargers...

You should post that on the Icing Shaming group on Facebook.

This site was 100% ICEd when I went through during my recent road trip. Arrived here with 20 rated miles around 10:30PM. Management would not tow nor had any method of determining which guests were blocking the spots. No alternative ways to access these stalls (by driving up on the grass or something) either, since trees and such are directly behind them. Took about 90 minutes of waiting and pestering every person we saw out and about to find someone to move one of the cars so I could charge.

2017-03-18%2022.33.22-1920.jpg

Another manager was kind enough to provide a traffic cone to put in the spot once I was done, but that was about it.

Overall, hotels seem like horrible places for superchargers...

All it takes is one doing it and the rest will fall in line like sheep, figuring if someone else did it they can too. That is a total worse case scenario, showing up with 20 miles left... especially at a hotel where people might be staying the night! Sorry to hear that happened, it pisses me off just seeing that picture!

Did you try calling Tesla? Or the police? I would have been calling tow truck companies trying to bribe them :D Also, did anyone leave while you were charging? I would have given them one of these o_O

Fwiw: I believe availability is dependent on day meetings and/or hotel capacity or function at night (seen ICE both times).

SC location offers quick entry through back door to rooms and there is just not enough parking.....I'd call hotel in advance and query for possible problems and perhaps ask them to reserve a spot for you.

Unfortunately, Tesla picked the wrong location.

Reactions: jelloslug
Fwiw: I believe availability is dependent on day meetings and/or hotel capacity or function at night (seen ICE both times).

SC location offers quick entry through back door to rooms and there is just not enough parking.....I'd call hotel in advance and query for possible problems and perhaps ask them to reserve a spot for you.

Unfortunately, Tesla picked the wrong location.
Unfortunately, you are correct about picking the wrong location.

Yes. One cone was there but it had been moved. Manager said they use the spaces when sold out and was actually very snippy. ( I was very polite - especially as I was with my kids ha ha)

Looking at PlugShare, one poor guy was here at 347am a couple of weeks ago and couid not charge. Now THAT is not ok.

Agree the location could be better, but I assume the hotel is getting $$$ from Tesla and should be honoring the agreement.

Yes. One cone was there but it had been moved. Manager said they use the spaces when sold out and was actually very snippy. ( I was very polite - especially as I was with my kids ha ha)

Looking at PlugShare, one poor guy was here at 347am a couple of weeks ago and couid not charge. Now THAT is not ok.

Agree the location could be better, but I assume the hotel is getting $$$ from Tesla and should be honoring the agreement.
If they are being paid by Tesla then it's their responsibility to keep them available. I don't know if they are being paid through.

Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt