TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Columbia South Carolina Supercharger

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by hariclt, Jan 26, 2017.

1. hariclt

hariclt Member

I checked on the map and it doesn't seem that there is much right next to the Columbia supercharger to eat (Cracker Barrel like .6 miles walk) .. has anyone been there .. any suggestions?

Thanks
    Hariclt

2. hariclt

hariclt Member

So figured it out for myself .. The supercharger is in the back parking lot of the Hilton Garden Inn about 1.5 miles from the hwy exit. The breakfast was quite good at the Hilton Garden Inn.. definitely recommend. On the way home we stopped again to charge .. but I ended dropping my family off at another restaurant as it is an awkward walk along a busy road to get to any other places. Nothing special really at this supercharger .. but it did get to over 300+ miles an hour when it was charging my Model S60. If you are going from Charlotte - seems like the best option for trips to Charleston (where we went) or Hilton Head.

hariclt

• Like x 1
  3. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

So we stopped at chicfila right down the road from this supercharger and were enjoying a fantastic picnic in the shade while the car is juicing. When the world's greatest garden inn employee comes out the back door and invites us inside so we can be at a table and have AC. Garden Inn Hilton FTW.

This is in direct contrast to the Charleston supercharger where the courtyard Marriott wouldn't let us use the restrooms, despite even having small children in tow.

I'll let you guys decide who gets our business from here on out should we need a hotel and need to choose between the two.....