Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Columbia South Carolina Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So figured it out for myself .. The supercharger is in the back parking lot of the Hilton Garden Inn about 1.5 miles from the hwy exit. The breakfast was quite good at the Hilton Garden Inn.. definitely recommend. On the way home we stopped again to charge .. but I ended dropping my family off at another restaurant as it is an awkward walk along a busy road to get to any other places. Nothing special really at this supercharger .. but it did get to over 300+ miles an hour when it was charging my Model S60. If you are going from Charlotte - seems like the best option for trips to Charleston (where we went) or Hilton Head.

hariclt

Reactions: viperboy
So we stopped at chicfila right down the road from this supercharger and were enjoying a fantastic picnic in the shade while the car is juicing. When the world's greatest garden inn employee comes out the back door and invites us inside so we can be at a table and have AC. Garden Inn Hilton FTW.

This is in direct contrast to the Charleston supercharger where the courtyard Marriott wouldn't let us use the restrooms, despite even having small children in tow.

I'll let you guys decide who gets our business from here on out should we need a hotel and need to choose between the two.....

So we stopped at chicfila right down the road from this supercharger and were enjoying a fantastic picnic in the shade while the car is juicing. When the world's greatest garden inn employee comes out the back door and invites us inside so we can be at a table and have AC. Garden Inn Hilton FTW.

This is in direct contrast to the Charleston supercharger where the courtyard Marriott wouldn't let us use the restrooms, despite even having small children in tow.

I'll let you guys decide who gets our business from here on out should we need a hotel and need to choose between the two.....
I'm assuming Charleston, WV here, or have you found the Charleston, SC Supercharger?

Reactions: UCF3
I've stopped at this one plenty over the past 2 months or so of having my Model S... And much to my dismay tonight I pulled up and there's caution tape stringing across every stall, plus the electrical cabinets, etc. Fortunately the Nav told me it was out while I was still in Charlotte, so I hung around that Supercharger much longer to take on as much as I could to get me through the next 2 days down here.

Any idea's out there on what is going on with this? The receptionist inside the HGI didn't even know it was out of service!

Hope it won't be OOS too long - but I'll need to find another hotel tomorrow night that has a destination charger for sure!

I've stopped at this one plenty over the past 2 months or so of having my Model S... And much to my dismay tonight I pulled up and there's caution tape stringing across every stall, plus the electrical cabinets, etc. Fortunately the Nav told me it was out while I was still in Charlotte, so I hung around that Supercharger much longer to take on as much as I could to get me through the next 2 days down here.

Any idea's out there on what is going on with this? The receptionist inside the HGI didn't even know it was out of service!

Hope it won't be OOS too long - but I'll need to find another hotel tomorrow night that has a destination charger for sure!

Is this supercharger back online?

I used it a few weeks ago and I just checked plug share, quite a few people have used it since July 1. My wife has the tesla so I can't check the number of stalls in use, but 3a / 3b were not working last time I was at it... they showed as two out of the 8 stalls always in use. And to be clear, I'm talking about Columbia South Carolina off I-77.

Reactions: Lake
I used it a few weeks ago and I just checked plug share, quite a few people have used it since July 1. My wife has the tesla so I can't check the number of stalls in use, but 3a / 3b were not working last time I was at it... they showed as two out of the 8 stalls always in use. And to be clear, I'm talking about Columbia South Carolina off I-77.
Thanks. Coming from TN heading to Charleston SC and will be getting to this supercharger with just 10%. Tesla Nav is showing as all stalls available let's hope it's correct!

Reactions: Kacey Green
Still waiting for the Charleston South Carolina Supercharger... on a funny note, one of my wife's friends swore up and down there was a supercharger in Mt Pleasant SC. When I looked it up it is destination charging, alas, she didn't know any better. :)
This particular destination charger has a serious ICEing problem and if another Tesla shows up you drop to 20 amps

Still waiting for the Charleston South Carolina Supercharger... on a funny note, one of my wife's friends swore up and down there was a supercharger in Mt Pleasant SC. When I looked it up it is destination charging, alas, she didn't know any better. :)
Still waiting. Can they not find a good location? Plenty of open space in North Charleston

Reactions: Kacey Green