Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Columbus Moving?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A change would make sense just to avoid the flooding issues at the current site. The hotel where the current chargers are located was under water when the Colorado river flooded during Harvey. From what I could see when we drove through during our evacuation, the flooding seemed to be concentrated in that area. It seemed to be dry across the freeway.

Isn't this used mostly when travelling between Austin and Houston? Will it be needed once Brenham/290 is built out?

I usually use Flatonia as a potty stop for a few minutes when going from San Antonio to Houston, then stop longer in Columbus because we like the Mexican restaurant there. I could get by without Columbus. I mean, more Superchargers is always better, but if they are building a new one, there are lots of places it would be more useful...

Actually this looks like a spot custom-built to be a Supercharger location?

" FACILITY IS APPROX 70' FT SOUTHEAST OF INTERSECTION ON ALLEYTON RD. SITE IS APPROX 250'X300', THE EASTERN-MOST BOUNDARY IS THE RETENTION POND"
upload_2018-4-15_12-3-8.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-15_12-2-43.png
    upload_2018-4-15_12-2-43.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 66
The area with the loop around it? I wonder what the loop is for.

This is designed for Model 3's, not X's with trailers :) Urban 72KW chargers then?
I was thinking the separate pad with the separate entry that is adjacent to the retention pond, as stated in the description above.

I don't really know what the circular drive is for -- maybe an RV dump station? Looks like a lot of expense to put that in, so it must serve some purpose. Maybe a drive-thru for a food truck? Who knows. If that section IS where the SC will go, maybe there will be one plug on that loop specifically to accommodate MXs with trailers?

Why would it be urban chargers? This is not located near any population centers. Not even in the main part of Columbus.

Hmm. Definitely not as many dining options here as in Columbus. From what I see on Google Maps this Alleyton location would just have the Subway at the Snappy's Market, and Taco Bell at the Shell next door.

I drive between San Antonio and Houston every few months. Generally stop at Columbus on the eastbound leg and Flatonia on the westbound leg. High water notwithstanding, I'm rather fond of Columbus being where it is.

What do people think of the non-WiFi non-cellular (at&t at least) of the Mexican restaurant? Good food, but you never know when supercharging is done . Agreed it’s slightly better than Flatonia, if only bathrooms in hotel are less shady

What do people think of the non-WiFi non-cellular (at&t at least) of the Mexican restaurant? Good food, but you never know when supercharging is done . Agreed it’s slightly better than Flatonia, if only bathrooms in hotel are less shady
I guess it depends on your provider? I've never had a problem with AT&T .

Off topic, but why would a Tesla owners have a provider other than the one the car uses?