Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Columbus, OH Delivery Delayed 2 weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just talked to my sales advisor this morning. My AWD (nonP) delivery that was scheduled for the 15th had to be rescheduled. I was told that all Ohio deliveries were delayed by two weeks. I have already been assigned my VIN. No reason given for the delay other than the car had not been delivered to Columbus yet. Just thought I'd give an update here to see if anyone else was in the same boat.

• Informative
Reactions: Ron Kerensky
Just talked to my sales advisor this morning. My AWD (nonP) delivery that was scheduled for the 15th had to be rescheduled. I was told that all Ohio deliveries were delayed by two weeks. I have already been assigned my VIN. No reason given for the delay other than the car had not been delivered to Columbus yet. Just thought I'd give an update here to see if anyone else was in the same boat.

What color?

Same here. Was scheduled for delivery on 8/13. Reserved 12/2017 and ordered 6/27. IDA emailed on Friday saying there was an issue with transit and I’ve been reading more and more posts about delivery delays so I didn’t actually expect to get it today.

Got an email a few hours ago that new delivery time is 8/28, but she scheduled me for 8/21 because it will “most likely be moved up.”

Only answer she was given was “logistical delays.” Unfortunately seems par for the course recently. I can wait for pickup (trading my car into Tesla) but just hoping car is in good condition.

Suppose to pick up a P3D tomorrow delayed till Friday but he’s reasoning was that it suppose to be there tonight and not enough time to detail and charge both of which I could care less about as long as it’s got enough to get to the supercharger. Reschedule for Friday.

I have a delivery scheduled for Today 8/14 for my P3D. They called me yesterday saying the car arrived.

My original delivery date was 8/7 but they delayed it a week.
May I ask what was your reservation and configuration date since I will be picking mine up at Ohio service center, no sc in Kentucky. I reserved mine, P3D, on October 2016 and configured & finished the order on August 1st, 2018. Thank you

Suppose to pick up a P3D tomorrow delayed till Friday but he’s reasoning was that it suppose to be there tonight and not enough time to detail and charge both of which I could care less about as long as it’s got enough to get to the supercharger. Reschedule for Friday.
Mind if I ask you what was your reservation and configuration date? Trying to get an idea of when I should expect mine. Have P3D configured on 1st August, reserved 10/2016. Will be using Ohio SC as my delivery center.

I'm still here. Also, if anyone is interested in brand new unopened TST 19" turbine gloss black rims, PM me. Prefer to sell locally in Ohio and willing to sell it for cheaper than what I paid for. I got the 19" sports rim so figured there's no point in having 2 set of 19" rims.

Still here also, but ordered a RWD and your question was regarding a P3D. I was rescheduled for 8/28 (original 8/14). I haven't gotten any info besides "logistics issues." I've seen others get calls for earlier than expected delivery, so maybe I'll get lucky!
I hope you get yours soon since it'll be an indication of deliveries rolling out of Ohio again. Latest Bloomberg numbers are 6800 VINs assigned today and it seems like we're looking at 6k per week production from this point on but it's all futile if the delivery centers are clogged up with contract issues or don't have enough personnel detailing the new deliveries and stuff. Hopefully it all gets sorted out. Good luck and keep us posted