Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Columbus, OH Delivery Delayed 2 weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope you get yours soon since it'll be an indication of deliveries rolling out of Ohio again. Latest Bloomberg numbers are 6800 VINs assigned today and it seems like we're looking at 6k per week production from this point on but it's all futile if the delivery centers are clogged up with contract issues or don't have enough personnel detailing the new deliveries and stuff. Hopefully it all gets sorted out. Good luck and keep us posted

I agree. A little concerning to me is that there are consistent posts on reddit and here regarding transit issues, delayed/cancelled appointments, and quality issues with the cars. Ramping up to 6,000 a week means nothing if every car they send is late and has a defect that needs fixed. I know there is some bias to people posting negative vs. positive experiences, but certainly seems to be a trend.

Also (sorry for the multi-post), since we have a handful of locals in this thread, anyone have any quotes for home charging port installs? I got a quote for over $700 to install a NEMA 14-50 which seems excessive. I posted on the Columbus subreddit and got some suggestions of some other companies to get quotes from.

If it is at the service center now, why such a late pick up? My IDA said only 1 day needed for detailing before my original (now canceled) pick up date.

I’m out of town, car showed up early. Keeping original delivery date.

Also keep this thread updated with nema install.

Where are people getting tint? PPF and chrome delete?

I’ve gone to quality window tint in Westerville for pinnacle formula one with good results, but might try performance auto in plain city.

Also used attention to detail in Hilliard but might check performance auto to see if I can make it a one stop for multiple items.

Also (sorry for the multi-post), since we have a handful of locals in this thread, anyone have any quotes for home charging port installs? I got a quote for over $700 to install a NEMA 14-50 which seems excessive. I posted on the Columbus subreddit and got some suggestions of some other companies to get quotes from.

I used Big City Electric for both of my HPWCs. First was $1500 because they had to run the 100 amp line and add a sub panel in the garage. Second one was around $900.

I’m out of town, car showed up early. Keeping original delivery date.

Also keep this thread updated with nema install.

Where are people getting tint? PPF and chrome delete?

I’ve gone to quality window tint in Westerville for pinnacle formula one with good results, but might try performance auto in plain city.

Also used attention to detail in Hilliard but might check performance auto to see if I can make it a one stop for multiple items.

I HIGHLY recommend Esoteric in New Albany for any detailing/tinting work. They aren't cheap, but you get what you pay for. We used them for front half PPF and paint correction on my wife's Model S. My P3D+ will be going right from the Morse Rd service center to their facility for paint correction, full PPF and tinting after delivery. I can get you in touch with my contact there if you'd like.

I am model x 100 D owner. Reserved model 3 on 4/1/16. I was waiting for the white interior. The day it was released I ordered on7/23/18. Red, AWD, EAP, aero wheels, white interior. My status stayed the same until today when I was asked to sumit information for credit application and trade in. My edit button for the model 3 order disappeared. How long after this should I expect a call or delivery.

I am model x 100 D owner. Reserved model 3 on 4/1/16. I was waiting for the white interior. The day it was released I ordered on7/23/18. Red, AWD, EAP, aero wheels, white interior. My status stayed the same until today when I was asked to sumit information for credit application and trade in. My edit button for the model 3 order disappeared. How long after this should I expect a call or delivery.

Give them a call tomorrow. You likely have one assigned already, it just isn't showing on your account.

My screens changed from grey to yellow and within 24 hours received an email from IDA. It moves fast

Everyone's situation is unique, however I can tell you I went through countless estimates before getting a good one. If you think you're getting hosed, then call another person out. I can tell many of them want to charge us the EV tax.

I had two 240v (Nema 14-50 and Neam 6-50) outlets installed in our garage, so 2 separate runs. Both are 40A and the run is probably 40' from the electric box.

Total was $695 for everything. I had other quotes that were more than double that cost.

Everyone's situation is unique, however I can tell you I went through countless estimates before getting a good one. If you think you're getting hosed, then call another person out. I can tell many of them want to charge us the EV tax.

I had two 240v (Nema 14-50 and Neam 6-50) outlets installed in our garage, so 2 separate runs. Both are 40A and the run is probably 40' from the electric box.

Total was $695 for everything. I had other quotes that were more than double that cost.

Who did you go through and where in Ohio are you located?

used Mr.Electric. They do not charge anything to come and give you the feed about all that you need to put either NEMA 14-50 or HPWC. They charged around $1500 to run a 100amp line, put new cirvuit breaker and install HPWC. They are pretty reliable, we have used them on number of occasions. They work on weekends as well.