Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Columbus, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a tip from a friend who knows I am Tesla obsessed that he saw some construction and wood boxes with Tesla logos in a downtown Columbus parking deck.

He said the garage he saw it at is attached to the convention center but looking online it seems like that could be a few different ones.

Does anyone know where it might be? I don't see it on Supercharger.info so this might be a new find.

Got a tip from a friend who knows I am Tesla obsessed that he saw some construction and wood boxes with Tesla logos in a downtown Columbus parking deck.

He said the garage he saw it at is attached to the convention center but looking online it seems like that could be a few different ones.

Does anyone know where it might be? I don't see it on Supercharger.info so this might be a new find.
Nice. Found it. Permits already issued and construction started! (There's already been an inspection)

Building Permit: ALTC1802406
Electrical Permit: EMEPC1824450

Address: 70 E Goodale St.
Description: 10 urban-style Supercharging posts + 10 L2 EVSE (wall mounted J1772s)
(Approx.) GPS: 39.974472, -83.000920
-----

The permits don't say which level of the parking garage the chargers are going in on but do identify that the utility transformer is going to be installed (at ground level) on the north side of the garage. So I've biased the GPS tag to be more towards the north of the building as that would reduce conduit runs. But it could be anywhere in there and possibly on the roof. So any locals who want to go scouting, have at it.

@BlueShift @Chuq

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: MarcoRP and Chuq

I visited the garage this morning (see attached photograph). I happened upon a facilities manager who:
  • Identified the area (where the crates are) as the eventual charger location -- first floor beside the gates, so (hopefully) it won't require entry into the paid garage.
  • Said that they expect to be ready by the end of January.

Attachments

• IMG_6372.JPG
    IMG_6372.JPG
    342.7 KB · Views: 310
I visited the garage this morning (see attached photograph). I happened upon a facilities manager who:
  • Identified the area (where the crates are) as the eventual charger location -- first floor beside the gates, so (hopefully) it won't require entry into the paid garage.
  • Said that they expect to be ready by the end of January.
...confirming the earlier post: this is in the Goodale garage, directly north of the Convention Center.

Stopped by the Goodale garage - workers on site said that completion "depends on materials." He also said that there would be 10 supercharger spots and 10 "home charger" spots - my guess he means HPWC's.

But maybe he meant 10 charging spots total... This is definitely outside the gates to the garage, so parking would seem to be free. I agree that getting in and out will be tight if it is full...

looks like its $4 for the 1st 2 hours. pretty reasonable IMO.

personally, if I had to pay extra for SuperCharging, I would not pay more than $10 for parking. but a few bucks here and there is worth it to me.
I don't find that reasonable, but I'm probably a bit spoiled by the free-supercharging. Plus, my supercharging stints are few and far between so maybe 30 min is around the max time I would stay. So bottom line, $4 for 30 min doesn't seem like that great of a value, but it sure is nice to have the option down there now.

Edit: This location is a way better option than the random J1772 across the street by the park. So yes, I am thankful for that.

looks like its $4 for the 1st 2 hours. pretty reasonable IMO.

personally, if I had to pay extra for SuperCharging, I would not pay more than $10 for parking. but a few bucks here and there is worth it to me.

Do you have specific information or are you just quoting the normal garage rate?

The images posted and ArtieM3s post seem to suggest that this is being installed just inside the main entrance to the garage which would be outside of the gates where you get a ticket and pay.