Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Columbus, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This site was confusing to use in regard to paying, but luckily another M3 user clued be in. He noted the time had not corrected for daylight savings so 1 hour got you two. Also download the ParkMobile app.

I used the HPWC for the first hour or so while eating then switched to a SC before leaving. I was only pulling 4Kw on the HPWC. Out curiosity I tried a few more HPWCs before Supercharging. Some were getting 4Kw and others 8Kw. I wonder it's as simple as someone set the dial incorrectly on some of the HPWC units?

Also, the HPWC's have been converted to J1772.

I was here a few days ago on the 30th, just after 5 pm. There seemed to be no facilities readily available, since the Convention Center was closed. Was there somewhere else to eat and use the restroom?

Also, I saw the signs about EV users paying for parking, or being towed. If your car is plugged in and locked, how could they tow it away?

I was here a few days ago on the 30th, just after 5 pm. There seemed to be no facilities readily available, since the Convention Center was closed. Was there somewhere else to eat and use the restroom?

Also, I saw the signs about EV users paying for parking, or being towed. If your car is plugged in and locked, how could they tow it away?

I wouldn't be worried about getting towed as much as the meter reader writing you a ticket for not paying.

Reactions: ArizonaP85
The more confusing part is that there is no access control to get to the charging spots. They need to just make the charging spots free parking as long as you are plugged in and that will solve the confusion.

I’m not sure what’s confusing. It’s very clearly signed that everyone must pay. They even had a large sign right at the entrance to the charging area when I visited.

52595120-16F0-4E49-A1BF-5A967F36A678.png

• Helpful
Reactions: supratachophobia
A couple weekends ago I parked here. The kiosk wouldn't read my cards. I had to download the app. The one attendant/cop there said the app is fine. It's actually nicer if you use the J1772 and throttle your amperage if going to be around at an event for a while. With the app you can do smaller increments of time than an hour or extend as needed.

The J1772 are free charging at least.

That's new. Also, I don't think electric cars should have to pay to park, just my opinion.

Not sure what the signage is like currently. That picture is from May 22, 2019. Signage was very clear at the time.

I disagree with the notion that parking for electric vehicles should be free. It sure is nice, but it won't be a sustainable model as adoption increases.

My man was in a bit of a rush getting to the Supercharger

I guess the city of Columbus won't be doing any Tesla partnerships for the foreseeable future