TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Columbus Texas Elevated Superchargers

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by stephenpace, Apr 28, 2015.

Tags:
  1. stephenpace

stephenpace VIN S00219

Columbus, TX. :) Trivia answer: I'm pretty sure that the Columbus SuperCharger is the current poster child on the Tesla SuperCharger page:

Poster.jpg

Columbus platform is much higher, though:

IMG_3095.jpg

2. pgiralt

pgiralt Supporting Member

I stand corrected. :) Is Columbus, TX really at risk of flooding or is there some other reason for them doing this?

3. ED BENSON

ED BENSON Member

Yes, there is a river nearby. Even the hotel is elevated.

4. dhanson865

dhanson865 Active Member

re: Columbus, TX

I just looked it up. It's the Colorado River and apparently that has nothing to do with the state of Colorado.

Colorado River (Texas) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If it were me I'd elevate the electronics at all the Florida superchargers.

5. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

"colorado" is Spanish for "red". We have the Colorado River, which is often red. We also have the Red River. We also have other red rivers.