Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Combination panel with gateway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps we're similar, although you had a physically separate meter and main panel before right? I had my assessment on Monday but didn't get many answers - apparently the design team will know more.
They were separate. I got lots of wrong answers until the actual electrician showed up, so don't worry too much about getting answers, as they may not be what ends up happening. Even the installers the morning of the install were telling me I could install everything inside my garage, but then the guy in charge showed up and said no was pretty convincing. It all worked out in the end. I didn't think the setup they did was possible, but I'm also not doing electrical work everyday. In the end, if they tell you they can do it, I think they will, its not in their best interest to show up and then not do the install.

Got the design back. They're doing to 90 amp off the main and relocate all loads to a sub panel with the relay in the middle.

I'm hoping for a design review anyways as they have the powerpack internal garage on the design where's no room - I'd prefer external on garage. Does anyone know how to get a design review? Crickets from my emails to them on it.

Got the design back. They're doing to 90 amp off the main and relocate all loads to a sub panel with the relay in the middle.

I'm hoping for a design review anyways as they have the powerpack internal garage on the design where's no room - I'd prefer external on garage. Does anyone know how to get a design review? Crickets from my emails to them on it.
I think I asked a few times as well and never got anything until the permit plans showed up at the house. Then I scanned them to my computer. You can check with your building department. It may be more difficult, but you may actually get them vs Tesla may have policy not to send because it would just lead to more questions and requests from guys like you and me. All I can say is that in the end I was very happy, even though it took several attempts to finish install and they failed final inspection. Its working better than I expected and install is done professionally. If I didn't mention previously, they consulted me the day of for where I wanted everything. When I resisted they said they only include normal install in price but I could make request for it to be done how I wanted it, but there could be additional cost. I caved at that point and let them put things where they made sense and I was happy with the end result.

I think I asked a few times as well and never got anything until the permit plans showed up at the house. Then I scanned them to my computer. You can check with your building department. It may be more difficult, but you may actually get them vs Tesla may have policy not to send because it would just lead to more questions and requests from guys like you and me. All I can say is that in the end I was very happy, even though it took several attempts to finish install and they failed final inspection. Its working better than I expected and install is done professionally. If I didn't mention previously, they consulted me the day of for where I wanted everything. When I resisted they said they only include normal install in price but I could make request for it to be done how I wanted it, but there could be additional cost. I caved at that point and let them put things where they made sense and I was happy with the end result.
I'm happy with paying for a few changes within reason. The work for them to extend wiring runs for a subpanel is not small and it might be better already to convert the main panel now to the sub/backup panel and add a new combo panel in a better location. But I need to get the design team to get back to me!