Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Combined MX/MS/M3 forum for discussions relevant to all current production models

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only forums for talking about our cars are specifically for one model (MX/MS/M3). While there's a number of differences, there's as much, if not more, that's similar between these cars. I think adding a unified forum for questions, issues, and other conversations that aren't unique to a particular model would help foster more discussion across all forum users, instead of siloing us based on what model we have. It would still make sense to have the model-specific forums for model-specific conversation.

Here's a short list (i.e. just the ones from the first page of each forum that were obvious at a quick glance) of threads in the model-specific forums that aren't at all model-specific and could benefit from broader discussion. This list includes several threads that are essentially exact duplicates across the forums, like the firmware v9 threads:
Access to all Tesla super chargers
V9.0 in September?
DIY Tesla 240V Charging | Quick220 Review
How much does it cost to wrap a car in vinyl?
Tesla will disable supercharging if you don’t add a payment source?
Firmware 9 in August will start rolling out full self-driving features!!!
“Congratulations you can now charge at Tesla stations”
Version 9 by the "end of the week"
Version 9 looks like on its way finally!!
Dashcam Feature Coming Soon
Anyone not getting Enhanced Autopilot (EAP)?

Bruce, you and I spoke about this at the national drive electric week. I just posted a thread about the phone app for the cars and couldn’t find an appropriate place to post it. Who has control over this? We really need a section like this.

-Randy

Here's a question definitely not specific to a type of car-- Anyone make money from Friday to today, buying TSLA?

My daughter texted me Friday-- Tesla down-- time to buy-- and I checked it out-- and bought 7 shares. That's all the spare cash I had sitting in my Ameritrade account-- $2k. So I placed a limit order for $273 and bought 7 shares. Today it is around $310.

I wish I could have placed an order for 700, or 7 thousand, or 7 million shares-- any one else take advantage of the market hysteria to buy in at $273?

Vern

Last edited:
Here's a general question, across models -- what is up with the Supercharger demand and unequal supercharger resource allocation?

In Shamrock, Texas, there are 6 stalls rarely used, in fact, the whole town is pretty much vacant.

We stood in the middle of the main street, one day back in July 2016, and could not see any human-- or other-- activity as far as we could see, up or down the main street.

Now moving to Southern California. A new 20 stall supercharger goes live a few days ago (Carlsbad) and it is immediately full.

What gives?

Here's another cross-model query: Have any of you experienced the new upgraded in-house Tesla body shop services?

We waited FOUR MONTHS and ONE WEEK for the body work to be completed on our S 90 D at Class Auto in Signal Hill, California. The Manager, (I'll post his name when I remember it) blamed slow parts delivery, and I'm sure that Tesla blamed slow body shop work.

So-- have any of you experienced BETTER body shop service from Tesla's IN-HOUSE shops?