Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Come on down! You're the next contestant on The Autopilot-Release-Date Is Right...?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well Played good sir.

Thanks R2B. I can't say that I picked that date because of any inside knowledge, or after doing any precise cyphering. I actually just pulled it out of my ......... astute knowledge of the history of Tesla Time. I was pretty sure it was not gonna happen anytime soon back in July when I chose the date. So......just luck.
BTW, I am from Arizona originally. And just curious.....do you have a relative named R2D2?

So, to make things interesting... perhaps I should put a bounty of some kind on the first to post an info/version number screen (Tesla "T" popup) and release notes photos for the public release of v7.0...
As I'm sure you're aware, release notes will be different across vehicles so they are relevant to the configuration.

How about the first to post a photo or video of the dash on a non-autopilot car while driving? Don't worry, I don't have anything up my sleeve, I have pretty much no chance of winning that since my last OTA update was in January.

But hopefully there'll be less screaming and crying. :)
Actually LOL!
I definitely hope so. On a related note,
I was going to suggest (tongue firmly planted in cheek) that we should start a new contest to guess when the first incident of someone having an accident, or near miss and blaming AP would be. There is already a you tube video and media coverage of a near head on collision. Hope there are no actual incidents. From my limited trial thus far, im guessing this is a dangerous time when every one is trying out a new UI and the AP features on virtually any nearby road with painted lanes. Inexperienced users, BETA software, non ideal conditions, and everyone is trying everything. Perfect storm!

Tesla 1:18 Scale Model

My Tesla scale model arrived, along with a couple of batteries from a Tesla battery pack. Thank you wk057! The model is amazingly accurate in detail. It even comes with an official Tesla Certificate of Authenticity that says it is "manufactured under license of Tesla Motors, Inc. and is a true representation of the actual vehicle."

wk057 also included, as an added bonus, a couple Tesla batteries from an actual Tesla battery pack. Each one is 1/7104th of the total number of batteries in the pack. I put 2 regular AA batteries next to the Tesla batteries as a size comparison. The 18650's are larger than I thought.
If you haven't read wk057's account of his teardown of a Tesla battery pack, you need to. Quite amazing.

The model also came pre-loaded with autopilot hardware and firmware 7.0. I assume this because sometime during the night it drove itself to the other side of the dresser I am keeping it on. Weird, man.

Here is a picture. I can hardly distinguish the model from the real thing on my driveway.

Attachments

• IMG_0929.JPG
    IMG_0929.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 96
  • Tesla3.jpg
    Tesla3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
My Tesla scale model arrived, along with a couple of batteries from a Tesla battery pack. Thank you wk057! The model is amazingly accurate in detail. It even comes with an official Tesla Certificate of Authenticity that says it is "manufactured under license of Tesla Motors, Inc. and is a true representation of the actual vehicle."

wk057 also included, as an added bonus, a couple Tesla batteries from an actual Tesla battery pack. Each one is 1/7104th of the total number of batteries in the pack. I put 2 regular AA batteries next to the Tesla batteries as a size comparison. The 18650's are larger than I thought.
If you haven't read wk057's account of his teardown of a Tesla battery pack, you need to. Quite amazing.

The model also came pre-loaded with autopilot hardware and firmware 7.0. I assume this because sometime during the night it drove itself to the other side of the dresser I am keeping it on. Weird, man.

Here is a picture. I can hardly distinguish the model from the real thing on my driveway.

Thanks for posting the update and the pictures!

Congrats on your win!

Glad to see you received everything! :) Enjoy!