Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Come on down! You're the next contestant on The Autopilot-Release-Date Is Right...?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I checked the spreadsheet Andy. I was hoping one of those dates would be available.

My earlier choice had been taken 17 posts earlier and I didn't see it. I thought i went back to the point that the posts that had been logged on the sheet, but apparently did not. So I figured by selecting a couple numbers that looked available, I'd probably get one.

Sorry to create a problem, I don't need to be included.

Last edited:
I checked the spreadsheet Andy. I was hoping one of those dates would be available.

My earlier choice had been taken 17 posts earlier and I didn't see it. I thought i went back to the point that the posts that had been logged on the sheet, but apparently did not. So I figured by selecting a couple numbers that looked available, I'd probably get one.

I didn't mean to offend you, or cause you to not want to participate.

I've just been really surprised at all the work Jason has been having to do to help people enter properly. I've seen other contests like this where duplicate entries don't count, and the only way one can be sure their entry isn't a duplicate is to scan every post from the beginning of the thread. These other contests have not had someone putting a spreadsheet together to help, and have certainly not had the contest creator doing that, and then also letting people know when their entries are actually duplicates.

So I apologize if my reaction offended you, but seeing the three dates just really surprised me.

Imho, you should allow multiple people to pick the same date. At this point any date that I might pick through some form of logic has long since been taken. If I were to participate and pick a date now I would be just rolling the dice. I might as well buy a randomly picked lottery ticket.

If a date has multiple winners, you can just select one person randomly to receive the prize. It's the bragging rights that really count anyway, no? :)

Imho, you should allow multiple people to pick the same date. At this point any date that I might pick through some form of logic has long since been taken. If I were to participate and pick a date now I would be just rolling the dice. I might as well buy a randomly picked lottery ticket.

If a date has multiple winners, you can just select one person randomly to receive the prize. It's the bragging rights that really count anyway, no? :)

I wouldn't want to do it randomly, personally. I've been noting the duplicates on the spreadsheet, for bragging rights purposes, but the first to pick it will get the prize since it's not really a lottery type prize that can be split up... unless you guys want me portioning off a scale model with my band saw or something :scared:

No problems, I just couldn't really put you in for three dates... would be ambiguous to others (between then and the spreadsheet update) and also possibly when picking a winner... so best to just make sure you pick one date.

I wouldn't want to do it randomly, personally. I've been noting the duplicates on the spreadsheet, for bragging rights purposes, but the first to pick it will get the prize since it's not really a lottery type prize that can be split up... unless you guys want me portioning off a scale model with my band saw or something :scared:

First, thanks so much for doing this. It's a pleasant diversion.

I do think that date stacking should be ok, especially since you are putting in the effort to sort out people's entries. Then the first of that date is #1, 2nd on the date is #2, etc. If there are no more on that date, then #1 on the next date is #3.

I was thinking... we should have some sort of contest for the first delivery date of the PowerWall, which is due this summer.

Spreadsheet updated. Also, 1st prize arrived via FedEx today. :)

2015-07-28 18.09.01-1920.jpg

First, thanks so much for doing this. It's a pleasant diversion.

I do think that date stacking should be ok, especially since you are putting in the effort to sort out people's entries. Then the first of that date is #1, 2nd on the date is #2, etc. If there are no more on that date, then #1 on the next date is #3.

I was thinking... we should have some sort of contest for the first delivery date of the PowerWall, which is due this summer.

I thought about multiple entries per date initially, but doing it the way you suggest would have the caveat that the 2nd person to choose a taken date could at best with 2nd place and the 3rd to choose the same date could at best get 3rd place, etc. With no duplicates every entry has a chance for first place.