Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Come on Elon - give us something. Anything...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a little teaser pic of something new.

That's all I'm asking for.

Just a tiny peak of a bit of the interior, or a blurred reflection of a speedo somewhere in front of the driver, hey even a peak at the new nose job or the rear-end surgery.

Just something...

Go on, you know you want to...

Reactions: dhrivnak
You got your wish. Elon's last two tweets.

Am noticing that many people think Model 3 is the "next version" of a Tesla, like iPhone 2 vs 3. This is not true.

Model 3 is just a smaller, more affordable version of Model S w less range & power & fewer features. Model S has more advanced technology.

You got your wish. Elon's last two tweets.

Am noticing that many people think Model 3 is the "next version" of a Tesla, like iPhone 2 vs 3. This is not true.

Model 3 is just a smaller, more affordable version of Model S w less range & power & fewer features. Model S has more advanced technology.

No disrespect, but how do you know that? I've never heard anything remotely like that from Tesla.

Tweet: "Am noticing that many people think Model 3 is the "next version" of a Tesla, like iPhone 2 vs 3. This is not true."

Someone more versed in Elon speak please translate this into English...

RT

P.S. Not an iPhone person so maybe I lack the cognitive skills required to understand.

Tweet: "Am noticing that many people think Model 3 is the "next version" of a Tesla, like iPhone 2 vs 3. This is not true."

RT

P.S. Not an iPhone person so maybe I lack the cognitive skills required to understand.
Hahah. I guess I don't follow him as closely as everyone thinks.

• Funny
Reactions: LoL Rick

RT

An iPhone 3 is better, faster and has more features than an iPhone 2. That is generally true of all iPhone versions - the newer one is the upgrade.

Elon is stating the Model 3 is not an "upgrade" from a Model S, the S is the flagship car and will have the more features.

Now to speculation! What features do you think the 3 wont have? We know it won't have self presenting door handles, but what about other larger features (bioweapon defense, PUP, etc)?

I wish I hadn't asked now. No dual motor for early production is a real disappointment. I'm in the UK so may not affect me but if I'd waiting in line for hours and had then been told that highly specced orders would get priority I'd be pretty mad.

Do you think this may just be a final push to convert some reservations into Model S orders? It may only be the employee cars that are limited to RWD.

I wish I hadn't asked now. No dual motor for early production is a real disappointment. I'm in the UK so may not affect me but if I'd waiting in line for hours and had then been told that highly specced orders would get priority I'd be pretty mad.

Do you think this may just be a final push to convert some reservations into Model S orders? It may only be the employee cars that are limited to RWD.

I think he is definitely "anti-selling" the 3 in my eyes with that statement.

I don't think it's highly speced orders. They are releasing all the cars in the west coast first. West coast is a fair weather part of the country that has no real use for AWD outside of crazy performance. Elon just stated that Model S will be the true performance champ, so AWD on M3 is for weather purposes only. Makes sense to me.

He is saying that the Model 3 will not be a revolutionary product. It is a trimmed down Model S, with several fewer features, somewhat less power, somewhat smaller, somewhat less capable, but still great. He is saying that the Model 3 will not get out ahead of the Model S or Model X. He is saying that, if you want the cutting edge Tesla, get an S or an X.

Reactions: RubberToe
Looking at the video of the Model 3 release candidate, you can see that the screen in still protruding like in the prototypes.

Also I can't see any sign of any dash display or HUD reflection in the window. Nose looks slightly different to me but hard to make out in the video.