TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Come on Elon! lets break this record with the model S!

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Hybris, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Hybris

Hybris Member

2. GSP

GSP Member

#2 GSP, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
    The aero wheel covers look interesting. They might provide the 20 miles of extra range that Tesla's aero wheels were supposed to. They have an innovative method to attach and remove:

Less drag = Less fuel | Aluminium wheel hubcaps | Eco Tuning --> Tuneko Ltd

The Model S could probably beat the 260 kph record with just a highrt (lower numerical) final drive ratio. I wonder if the drive unit geometry has room to make such a change easy to do?

GSP

3. Dien Kim Nguyen

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
    Maybe one step at a time. For example, currently the speed record since 2011 for Pike Peak International Hill Climb is being held by a Nissan Leaf for a "production electric car"! (Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pikes_Peak_International_Hill_Climb#Cars). This makes me want to cry since my P85 is more than capable of breaking the Leaf record except the driver. It would be great if Tesla sends a P85+ with some no name race car driver, I'm sure it go into history book.

4. HVM

HVM Savolainen

Electric Raceabout is a purposely build student project race car. Production car would beat it only with quite heavy modifications and what points of that?

5. MDK

MDK Aussie Member

#5 MDK, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Perhaps they could ask Nobuhiro "Monster" Tajima, he's been up that hill once or twice....
    Here he is wearing the Tesla Grin: :biggrin:

6. Dien Kim Nguyen

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
    Toward the end of the video, he asked to give him a Model S. Maybe something Tesla can arrange for a Pikes Peak run? :wink: