Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Come on...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AP perpendicular parking bug to be filed? ;-)
Not absolving the poor parking by the owner, but,
could the current software be made smart enough to auto-park with just the existing rear camera the way the driver uses the video display?
Or, the perpendicular auto-parking does not work unless there are obstruction on three sides. This is a sensor hardware deficiency of AP1.0. (i.e. lack of side cameras).

Reactions: chriSharek
Wow. I've said a lot worse things than I did on this post, and got moved to snippiness. That's fine. I was trying to learn what I did wrong or said . . .

There's absolutely no reason someone should park like that - though, really. Not in front of the SCs. What if a parade of Teslas come in to charge? As the OP said, "Come on man"?

Since my post was a little too offensive (snippiness) I am re-posting so this thread makes sense.

There is no need to park like this at SCs. Yes there are 8 SCs, but every time I am there I see at least 2 other cars while charging. This SC station isn't a random charging station in the middle of nowhere, it is just off the busiest freeway in the area and regularly used, especially just after rush hour (which is when the photo was taken).

I do hope that the auto parking will be able to pick up the lines versus just obstacles, so it can park in empty spaces.

Attachments

• WP_20160317_19_27_44_Rich_LI.jpg
    WP_20160317_19_27_44_Rich_LI.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: chriSharek