Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Comical ICE Cars? Write your review!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I shall start the bidding: Please I beg you not to read this if you own one of these cars...

Chevy Tahoe: My rental experience, guess it’s a 2018 model.

Power Outlets: I have to start with this because I’ve never seen anything like it. 5 USB in the front, 2 USB in the read + a 110v outlet. Plus I am sure there are some classic 12v outlets around too. Amazing! Now I know the Chevy Tahoe owners are probably a very proud high tech tribe, but my mind boggles what contraptions they own to need this many outlets. Perhaps I will never know the answer…

Suspension: Honestly don’t know how to describe it, it’s a unique blend of awful/dangerous/comical all in one simple package. The team were up all night designing the suspension and they said “we are not leaving here until we get-it-right”. I recon they nailed it

Steering: Perfectly matched to the suspension: A parallel group of engineers obviously spent hours fine tuning it to complement the suspension result. Great team work here.

Power: Like being gently spanked on the bottom with a wet sponge whilst glaciers romantically glisten and melt off in the distance. Lots of noise, not a lot of go and ya can just tell that big slushy Auto gearbox is soaking up about 50% of whatever power actually made it to the crankshaft.

Seats: Yuk. If you are going to design something this bouncy and hard to drive straight, you need lots and lots of side bolstering (which it does not have) or better still just install 5 point harnesses.

Headlights: You’d have to actually see them to believe how bad they are, no point making an analogy here. But at night without street lights and combined with the steering and suspension, ‘death is listening’. I can only suggest to not drive this on a country road at night unless you are well rested, have 20-20 vision, no other mental distractions and are carrying a bag of carrots

Gear Selector: Ah yes, I think it’s the same gear selector used on Nimitz Class Carriers. It’s a good choice actually.

Overall build quality: Not bad actually, let’s be fair, you are probably getting a lot of Canadian steel for your money here…. No wait that’s US steel now I think…. Actually I am not sure to be honest.

***This post is 100% personal opinion with no intention to offend anyone***

No offense taken, I've never owned one of these, but I do have an ICE SUV. What's the point of this post, in this Model S forum? My family does need several USB outputs (2 kids in the back charge their phones, my wife and I plug in our phones in the front, radar detector, dash camera, flash drive for music), that's 7 USB ports that we use. Suspension/steering were engineered for that vehicle, supple, not sporty, slow to react,... it's NOT a sports car. Seats in the Tahoe, I don't know, have no experience in them, but I'd guess they're comfortable for the intended purpose of the vehicle. Gear selector, there's no need for fast shifting action.
Overall build quality? I'd guess better than Tesla vehicles.