Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coming For Sale 2021 Pre-Refresh Model S Long Range Plus (Blue/White)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Airforcebj

R1143 Ordered 5 Jan, Delivered 14 Aug
Oct 29, 2017
Drexel Hill, PA
Hello TMC,

Let me start out by saying I was hesitant to place my car for sale here. Only because the offers I have received from some car buying services are so high, that the market price to sell seems crazy. But one member said to just post it and worst case, no one will bite. So here goes…

I finally received a VIN for my refresh MSLR and should be taking delivery in the next 2 weeks. I will be selling my current Model S once I take delivery.

• Delivered 10 Dec 2020 (11/2020 Build on Moroney Sticker)
  • 19” Wheels
  • Deep Blue Metallic
  • Black/White Interior
  • Daily Charged to 75% at 303-305 mi (see battery health Photo)
  • As of 1 Aug 2021, 6,562 Miles
  • NO FSD
  • Chrome Deleted
  • Tinted Windows
Located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, parked in a garage at home, and supercharged less than 5 times. I’m listing it for $90,000.

Now, before you scoff at that price (I can see why anyone would), I have an offer from CarBuyerUSA for $86k (crazy I know). The car is in excellent condition, no accidents, never smoked in, etc. No hard feelings if no one wants it. Once I take delivery of the refresh, I’ll just let CarBuyers have it. But I wanted to give someone on the forum a chance just in case. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

EF896922-89F2-44E8-92A0-ED129A9BF862.jpeg

E2A1CFB6-6583-406B-9E8B-70DBD4FFB815.jpeg

CE5290A1-D0ED-4AC3-A6C3-BC07B11F2D6E.jpeg

3B2B67AF-7F7F-43E8-9D65-3FF9C454765F.jpeg

AF2AA026-83C7-4D50-9B78-67A176E9A507.jpeg

794EDFF2-46A9-460F-A914-17FD163DBE47.jpeg

DABDDE0E-28F0-4613-A422-414937AA5ED8.png

A4F38F2E-69E5-4BB9-9E12-BEEB5817853E.jpeg
BF9E026B-F57A-4B53-ADDC-7D33C4884873.jpeg
D1277974-B0A8-4F06-8BD8-1F3D4D54F515.jpeg

Reactions: Draketurner
I hear 🦗
Since you can buy a new refreshed Model S for now......$89k, I think it'll be a hard sell for a pre-refresh at $90k. If it had FSD, than maybe.
For the sake of numbers the OP should have asked $89999 to make it look less expensive, but to get one of those new Model S, you have to pay destination fee, wait a very long time, and many people hate the yoke design. The OP is priced quite competitively.

Reactions: 2101Guy and Ormond
For the sake of numbers the OP should have asked $89999 to make it look less expensive, but to get one of those new Model S, you have to pay destination fee, wait a very long time, and many people hate the yoke design. The OP is priced quite competitively.
If you include the destination, that would make a new Model S $90,200. Understandably the yoke is hit or miss. But, waiting a few weeks to get the refreshed interior, slightly refreshed exterior, ~100 more range and full warranty are worth it. Paying the same for a used car as the new equivalent is crazy, but the fact that the used car is a previous version makes the value between used and new even greater.
Those wheels diminish the value as well, what was Tesla thinking?? :)

If you include the destination, that would make a new Model S $90,200. Understandably the yoke is hit or miss. But, waiting a few weeks to get the refreshed interior, slightly refreshed exterior, ~100 more range and full warranty are worth it. Paying the same for a used car as the new equivalent is crazy, but the fact that the used car is a previous version makes the value between used and new even greater.
Those wheels diminish the value as well, what was Tesla thinking?? :)
Tesla delivery is now March for a refresh. If this is a long range plus it goes the same 400 miles. 90k is still high, I just purchased a 2020 long range plus with 7k miles for 79,995. That's still a little high but not 90k. I would say OP can get 79-82k but not 90k.

I totally agree with all the comments. Like I said, I thought the price CarBuyerUSA offered me was crazy. But even if you look on Tesla’s site, I saw some used 2018s and they had the nerve to ask 88k for them. And there are hardly any for sale. This used car market is insane. Thats why’s I don’t feel too bad if people think it’s priced to high. Even Carvana offered more than I paid for it. I’m gonna see what Carmax says as well, just to round out all the estimates. But I guess the fact that a new Model S doesn’t deliver for over 6 months plus has driven the used price of these cars up. I have tried to find other Model S’s produced in Nov or Dec of 2020 that are for sale, but can‘t seem to find any. Who would have thought the market would have ever gotten like this.

But yea, everyone’s comments make since. I don’t take offense, because I would say the same thing.

to the OP. Many people on TMC will tell others they are crazy for paying asking prices these days for used Teslas.
What I found? Its typically not a person on TMC that will buy the car from you for that price.
And you will..get a buyer..for your asking price. People in the USA have money these days..low unemployment, job growth firing upward, low interest rates, stock market still booming,

but a lack of cars.

Supply vs demand HEAVILY favors the sellers these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ostrichsak
to the OP. Many people on TMC will tell others they are crazy for paying asking prices these days for used Teslas.
What I found? Its typically not a person on TMC that will buy the car from you for that price.
And you will..get a buyer..for your asking price. People in the USA have money these days..low unemployment, job growth firing upward, low interest rates, stock market still booming,

but a lack of cars.

Supply vs demand HEAVILY favors the sellers these days.
I couldn't agree more, trying to sell anything at a premium on an enthusiast forum is not the best idea. If you just place it on Craigslist, Autotrader, etc.. you'll get someone willing to pay who just wants it now and doesn't care how much they pay.

Reactions: Ostrichsak