Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coming from a Model S...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tm1v2

Oct 18, 2021
USA
...this car is way too much fun. 😁 I love the smaller size, the quick steering, and the overall sense of nimbleness. The S P85 has been a great one car family car, and it was a groundbreaking EV, but the Model 3 is really much more my kind of daily driver.

I can feel this thing wants to rotate under power too. I'll do more driving with track mode next month and play around with helping it rotate under braking/regen and under power.

Some of you have probably seen me complain about the crappy stock damping and other things, but let me make this clear: This thing is damn fun right out of the box delivery center. (I'm still eagerly awaiting those coilovers tho. ;))

Good to hear since I'm coming from a used P85D myself, but will probably have to wait for winter to be done before having fun with it (unless I get some replacement wheels & tires for the Uberturbines and P-Zeros.)
If you want new wheels or tires consider getting those orders in now. Lots of out-of-stock / backordered / shipping delays / etc, like everything these days. I'm still waiting for the 18" wheels I ordered from before I picked up the car, and I'm considering buying tires for them now, before the tires I want go out of stock too.

@loomstate you made the right choice. Don't get me started on the S yoke. It looks great for cruising on the highway, and tolerable for casual driving in the burbs. City maneuvering or twisty mountain roads? Hell no. And those are a big chunk of my driving.

Not putting down those who like the yoke, and the new S as whole looks very nice. I'm just so glad we got a Model 3 and not a second S, which we were considering.

Reactions: loomstate