Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coming from S/X - not thrilled with UI space usage on the single screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ohmman

Upright Member
Global Moderator
Feb 13, 2014
North Bay/Truckee, CA
I've owned an S since 2014 and two Xs since 2016. I took delivery of my Y last week and have been enjoying the car. It's very well put together (better than my other three Teslas were) and just feels more "mature" of a vehicle. I do miss my air suspension, but the thing that drives me kind of nuts is the fact that something like 1/3 of my center screen is being used for a FSD/AP animation. I have a windshield and I'm not terribly interested in a second opinion of what's out there. Or, if there is some marginal benefit, can it be on the farther side of my screen, keeping the stuff I do care about closer? I understand they'd have to carve out space for the speedometer, etc. but it really seems like an odd choice for design.

On the vehicles with an IC, the FSD animation is behind the wheel, is smaller than on the 3/Y, and allows for the larger center screen to be used for multiple things at the same time - maps AND energy, for instance. And you have two more apps you can keep running on the IC as well. I really enjoy having my current trip (time, distance, consumption) there and would love to have that on my center screen instead of the FSD animation. My guess is this will never change, but it really seems like it should be optional, especially for those of us who never plan to buy FSD.