Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coming Soon - The Tesla Bulletin Board

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know I've received different answers to the same question from different TESLA folks (store, configuration, etc.). This ought to be a good way to get the official word on common questions.
For a long time I've thought that Tesla should have an internal online forum (say similar to this one) on their secure corporate intranet so employees can ask questions of management and other employees, and get on the same page about certain issues. It could also help with gaps in basic technical knowledge about things that all the staff should know (like "what does that part do" and how an AC induction motor works) and keep them up to date.

I don't think that Tesla lacks for ways to communicate with their customers. There's direct interaction with employees, email, the Tesla blogs, Tesla's official forum, and of course TMC. Tesla has been praised for their openness and transparency with their customers in the past, so I don't think the issue is the method of decimating information, it's the readiness to share it. I'm sure there are good reasons for Tesla to stay mum about certain things, but it's not clear to me how the Bulletin Board helps that.

This would be an excellent idea IF Tesla would really answer questions that many have, and the answers can not be had here on this forum. The problem is that anybody that follows this forum very close knows quite a bit of info(even more than Tesla sales staff in most cases), and the only questions that remain are the ones that Tesla for one reason or another fails to answer. They just provide more fluff which in turn pisses people off even more, IMHO.

A very good example of this would be the specs for the 60 and 40kwh cars. Do they use the same Panasonic NCR18650A cells as the 85kwh pack? What is the 40 and 60kwh vehicle Curb weight? Does the model S 40kwh car use the same battery configuration as the rav4EV? What does the base Model S suspension consist of? These are only a few of the many questions that remain. They should be fairly easy to answer. It's pretty tough for some to configure cars because the only information provided is for 85kwh cars.

Why not simply continue to post periodic but regular blog entries with answers to the most common questions, and updates?

I'd say because the blogs tend to tell a story (you have to read many paragraphs to get the information) while the bulletin board is going to be more of a FAQ format (question and short answer) only a bit less dry than the usual FAQ.

After reading George's description, in my head I was calling it the Tesla Bad News Board, but after seeing it, I like it. It's essentially just a closed section of the Tesla Forums. Tesla is able to provide direct and concise responses to questions they are ready to answer. The info is not buried under a bunch of unanswered questions or a zillion comments from the peanut gallery (that still goes on in the regular forums).

Good job!

Hope they have a back up

forum crash.PNG