Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coming Soon - The Tesla Bulletin Board

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

GeorgeB

Tesla Motors VP, Sales & Ownership Experience
Jan 5, 2012
Hi everyone,

One of the most frequent requests we get is for "more information," not necessarily on a particular issue, but across a wide range of issues. It turns out that many of you have the same questions on the same subjects at the same time and we've been trying to figure out a way to provide "more information" on a fairly regular basis in a way that is visible to as many people as possible. As a result, we are going to implement something called a "Bulletin Board" in the next few days that we hope will be a productive way to provide "more information" to everyone.

The Bulletin Board will be located at the top of our Tesla Motors Forum and will consist of two elements:

1) A place to ask questions

2) An expanding and evolving list of answers to the most frequently asked questions

The purpose of the Bulletin Board is to answer whatever questions are being asked by the most people at any given point in time. We will update the Bulletin Board on a fairly regular, but undefined, basis. We will update based upon the flow and subject matter of the questions asked.

To keep the bulletin board as focused as possible, the comments feature below each answer will not be activated and I will not be answering any individual questions. This is not meant to be a "New Forum" where topics get discussed and debated. It is a location where we can provide information that will hopefully answer a lot of questions… questions that will then undoubtedly be discussed and debated on the usual forums at length :)

This Bulletin Board is a test. We are going to try it out and see how it is received. If it seems to work, we will continue using it. If it causes more problems than it solves, we'll discontinue it. I am actually very bullish on doing this. My only concern is this… One of the things I hear a lot is, "We need more information, I know the news might not always be good news, but I'd rather get bad news and know what's going on vs not getting any news at all." My experience is that this is usually true…right up until someone receives bad news :) I hope this does not become the norm on the Bulletin Board. We're going to try to be open, honest, transparent and candid about things that are going on. I think some information we post on the Bulletin Board will be considered positive, some will cause some reflection, and some will cause some angst. I think that is how it should be if we are answering a wide cross section of questions from a wide cross section of people. My goal is to tell you what is going on, answer the most frequently asked questions, and try to provide a place where there is consistency of information on the most active issues of the moment.

Be on the lookout, we will be launching soon with a few answers to a few current questions to give everyone an example of the types of topics and level of detail to expect in the answers.

This Bulletin Board is not meant to replace our Ownership Team, Configuration Team or Delivery Team interaction at all. It is meant to be a place where we can answer questions that numerous people have at any given point in time. My hope is that the Bulletin Board will be a helpful communication tool at a time when we are moving very quickly as a company to do a lot of things for the first time in a very short period of time.

If the Bulletin Board helps, we'll keep it going. If not, we will chalk it up to something we tried and then move on to something else.

As always, I appreciate your constant enthusiasm and active discussion about Tesla on TMC, our forum and other forums and I hope to provide as many answers as possible on as many subjects as possible…we'll see how it goes :)

GeorgeB

George you and TM are to commended for your persistent efforts in providing information, answers, and ulimately transparency.

There are few (if any) successful role models in this arena, considering your industry and where your company is in its life cycle.

No doubt a solid year from now much of these growing pains - with the public - will have subsided... and a rhythm will be found. Thank you for your integrity!

Will it be oriented towards providing information, in a more central place, such as we already gather in this forum?

Or will it provide information which is new even for those who keep themselves up-to-date by reading forums such as this (and the teslamotors.com forum) ?

I think it will be successful if it provides an interesting amount of the second kind, and/or if the answers are kept up-to-date such that they can serve as a reference for the current state of things.

While I think it's a pretty good idea, George, I honestly think you could come up with a top 10 or top 20 questions by hand picking a few members of this forum and save a lot of time, energy and work.

We could probably build you a top 20 list in a matter of an hour or two and not have a need for someone to moderate, manage and read through a whole new bulletin board.

1)What's the real story on when the general productions will be delivered.
2)What parts, exactly, are the cause of the delivery delays
3)when will wifi be implemented in the car

next...

Funny thing is, just last evening I wondered what happened to the Model S FAQ sticky thread, and if we couldn't revive it as a wiki entry :cool:

I see great benefit in Tesla sorting questions for relevance, and providing answers that only they can provide. Go Tesla!

Thank you George. The Tesla Bullettin Board is a very good initiative. It's a way to better communicate between us and Tesla. Till now in the threads of TMC we discussed the various issues between us, but now we will have the chance to address our questions directly to Tesla. It's good.

George, I have a suggestion for you. The first bulletin board post can explain the production order and how it relates to the reservation sequence. In other words, how is it possible that a car with my configuration got delivered to someone with a reservation sequence later than mine? Explain that, please. Your employees don't seem to be able to.

FYI, an apology and a fruit basket would be nice. Maybe one of those edible arrangements with extra chocolate covered strawberries. I like chocolate covered strawberries.

Last edited:
The Bulletin Board is a great idea. I know I've received different answers to the same question from different TESLA folks (store, configuration, etc.). This ought to be a good way to get the official word on common questions. Of course, I fully expect a subforum here to discuss the 'opinions' resulting from each post :)