TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Coming Soon?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MarkR, Jan 13, 2014.

1. MarkR

MarkR Member

I find myself either annoyed and/or amused when I find "Coming Soon" on the Tesla Motors website. I don't know what "soon" means in TeslaSpeak. I think the center console has been promised for many, many months and the supercharger in Yuma was approved by the city in September, but is "coming soon." Yes, patience is a virtue and not one that I possess.

When I'm in an amused mood, I think of Biblical prophecy and the expectation of "coming soon." Hope the center console arrives before the second coming!

2. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

Really? I am thinking when the second coming arrives the center console will be the least of my concerns. It WOULD be nice to enjoy it a bit before He arrives though. :redface:

3. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

In corporate terms I understand it as:

[month] = [season]. So January really could easily mean anytime in the spring.

[season] = "We didn't say which hemisphere..."

[coming soon] = "We put it on the website so you know we mean it, but we actually have no idea when we'll deliver...."

[later*] = "Priorities will change and this will likely never happen...."

* As in: sunscreen/lighted vanity mirrors etc. will be delivered later

4. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

"Publicly announced but not (yet?) publicly cancelled."

5. MarkR

MarkR Member

@Nigel: Your wisdom is always welcome! Thanks for your 'Introduction to TeslaSpeak.'