TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Coming to Boston! (Dorchester to be precise)

Discussion in 'New England' started by nagerseth, Jun 23, 2015.

1. nagerseth

nagerseth Tesla Enthusiast/Owner

What's up peoples? I'm driving up to Boston tomorrow from Washington, DC, and I'll be there all weekend. Anyone got a HPWC, or a LVL2 connection at their house, or know of one near Dorchester I can top off at after I get in? It's my best friends wedding this weekend, and we're Indian, so he wants to use my car for the bharaat (wedding procession).

Thanks!

2. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Dorchester is barren of public charging. Lots of options in the city core, though. Maybe someone will come through with a non-listed home station.

3. shelbri

shelbri Member

Range charge at the Auburn, MA Supercharge station. Dorcester is only 50 miles (100 miles round trip) so you should have plenty to play around during the weekend.

4. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

Ditto with this advice.
    Charge at 120V when you can (bring an extension cord).
    Also the Natick Mall store has HPWC's and is closer to Boston than Auburn for your return trip.

And have fun @ the wedding!

5. nagerseth

Thanks for the advice/tips guys!

6. tga

tga Active Member

Charge @ Auburn SC, top off @ Watertown service if necessary

7. RDoc

RDoc S85D

Watertown is really small and very crowded. I'd suggest Natick if possible.

8. tga

tga Active Member

True. Natick is ~25mi to Dorchester, while Watertown is ~12 mi. I was focusing more on getting to Dorchester with the max possible charge, rather than the practicality of it.

Natick has 2 HPWC's and 5 or 6 14-50's. Good place for a topoff.

9. robby

robby Member

Probably doesn't help you, but you are welcome to use our garaged 220V/20A in Somerville, MA for a long block of time if you need. PM me for deets if you need it.

10. doctorac

doctorac Member

Hi There. I am in Canton not too far from Dorchester. If you still need a charge let me know. I have a garaged HPWC u may be able to use. PM me for more info.
    Have a great weekend.

11. biotweak

biotweak Member

Do you have a chademo adapter? If so I'd use the new chademo in the Prudential Center garage in Boston. I don't think you'd spend all weekend in Dorchester.

If no adapter then there are a number of spots that you could charge at publically without going to even Watertown.

12. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

How did things work out?

13. nagerseth

Pretty close actually. I ended up doing a lot more driving than I initially thought, and just trickle charged at my friends places. Then went to the MBTA station, and plugged in over there for an hour as I was leaving, then had to go back into the city, parked at the Whole Foods in Jamaica Hills for a few hours, left my card so if they needed me to move it I could.

Then made it to Auburn when I was leaving, so I topped off, and continued the drive back.

DoctorAC was nice enough to offer me to use his charger which I was planning on doing, until I got a little crazy on Friday night, and broke my phone in half. Sometimes partying hard is just as important as charging your car :)

14. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

Ouch. When you come back Dedham should be up and running so it will be a no-brainer.