I don't understand what you are trying to do.
This may be auto park. Which other threads have discussed as not working.
Starting Summon Before Exiting the Vehicle
To start a Summon parking sequence before exiting Model 3:
1. On the touchscreen, ensure that Require Continuous Press is disabled (touch Controls > Autopilot > Summon > Require Continuous Press > NO).
2. Close all doors and trunks.
3. With Model 3 powered on and the Park gear engaged, double press the Park button on the gear stalk. The touchscreen displays a popup window.
4. On the touchscreen, choose the direction of travel.
5. Exit Model 3 and close the driver's door. Summon now moves Model 3 according to the direction you specified on the touchscreen.
Note: To cancel the parking maneuver before exiting, touch Cancel on the popup window.
Note: If you do not choose a direction of travel on the touchscreen, Summon does not start a parking maneuver when you exit.
This is what OP is trying to do. From the manual:
I've used this function a bunch of times to get the car to self-garage, but it stopped working for me in 2019.32.x or 2019.36.x. I remember reading on TMC about someone who was told by a Tesla tech that it was disabled for non-HW3 vehicles.
I just got off the phone with a tech who stated he spoke to a senior engineer who confirmed it was disabled in the model 3. The 20.20 software update will re-enable this feature.