Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Command to start Summon before exiting vehicle no longer works for non-HW3 cars?

Does your work ?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What?

I don't understand what you are trying to do.

This may be auto park. Which other threads have discussed as not working.

This is what OP is trying to do. From the manual:

Starting Summon Before Exiting the Vehicle
To start a Summon parking sequence before exiting Model 3:
1. On the touchscreen, ensure that Require Continuous Press is disabled (touch Controls > Autopilot > Summon > Require Continuous Press > NO).
2. Close all doors and trunks.
3. With Model 3 powered on and the Park gear engaged, double press the Park button on the gear stalk. The touchscreen displays a popup window.
4. On the touchscreen, choose the direction of travel.
5. Exit Model 3 and close the driver's door. Summon now moves Model 3 according to the direction you specified on the touchscreen.
Note: To cancel the parking maneuver before exiting, touch Cancel on the popup window.
Note: If you do not choose a direction of travel on the touchscreen, Summon does not start a parking maneuver when you exit.

I've used this function a bunch of times to get the car to self-garage, but it stopped working for me in 2019.32.x or 2019.36.x. I remember reading on TMC about someone who was told by a Tesla tech that it was disabled for non-HW3 vehicles.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
Thanks for your post. I updated the thread title to clarify the thread topic.
This is what OP is trying to do. From the manual:

I've used this function a bunch of times to get the car to self-garage, but it stopped working for me in 2019.32.x or 2019.36.x. I remember reading on TMC about someone who was told by a Tesla tech that it was disabled for non-HW3 vehicles.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
Thanks for clarifying the title.

Tried this summon many times to get it working but zero success. I thought I did something wrong so I posted here hoping someone could guide me.
Bought the car in August 2019, not sure if I have HW3 ?

After reading from other threads. This summon is working on HW3 but they did not mention what firmware they have. I would love to know if it’s still working on software version 10 and latest.
Either they removed this feature or it has a glitch on some cars ?

Yeah, I think I saw the Reddit post also :D. I’d totally forgotten about this, since I’d never used the ‘push the button and get out’ auto-park (in the garage) summon.

Wonder if it was getting triggered by mistake or something? If it’s really still working on HW3 that makes little sense. Why would it work and then not (if V10 is the point).

Wonder is a call to support and see if they could clear it up. It’s definitely a software function and they should be able to tell you whether it’s still there or not or what’s up.

I don’t think HW2.5 or 3 matters, it was there for years, right?

Called customer support. She said This feature should work on my car but since it doesn’t she said I need to go to service center to have it check.
The wait is one week out. But I don’t think I would be able to do it until January. Probably I’ll have them check what’s wrong with my trunk as well. I use the trunk daily and have to kind off slam it hard once or twice lol