Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Comment on Next Gen Seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Anyone can give more comments on the new Next Gen seat? Asia pacific here not yet have demo car with the new seat to try, by just looking at the photo, would the highly bolstered front seats be too tight and not comfortable to twist around your body? Harder to get out from the car?

And sitting on the the back seat (especially the middle one) seems even harder to move in and out the car with the new supporting. Can anyone kindly give some comments?

The next gen seats are a lot more comfortable than the standard seats, they're the performance seats the Model S should have come with in the first place.

The side bolstering is well padded - I didn't find it too tight at all. I'm about 6'2 200lbs and the seat hugged me comfortably, but it's possible it could be tight for people larger than me. The lumbar support is adjustable but I didn't notice an adjustment for the side bolsters (although I wasn't specifically looking for one).

Entry and exit is easy. The demo cars are being delivered with the old style rear seats, so I can't comment on the next gen rears.

The next gen seats are a lot more comfortable than the standard seats, they're the performance seats the Model S should have come with in the first place.

The side bolstering is well padded - I didn't find it too tight at all. I'm about 6'2 200lbs and the seat hugged me comfortably, but it's possible it could be tight for people larger than me. The lumbar support is adjustable but I didn't notice an adjustment for the side bolsters (although I wasn't specifically looking for one).

Entry and exit is easy. The demo cars are being delivered with the old style rear seats, so I can't comment on the next gen rears.

Seems not many people have experience on the new rear seat.... The side supporting protruded looks hard and sharp on the rear make the middle passenger difficult to slide over to get off or in.....

I also found the rear of the old seat unable to support the back of your thigh at all when you sit normally and angle your legs. And this is my major concern if the same problem still after paying more for the NG seat. The standard rear seat design was really uncomfortable at all. Please anyone can share if have experienced on the new rear seat.

Drove a P85D this past Monday. Upfront it had the next gen seats, but the rear the older standard performance seats.

Very similar to a BMW performance seat with the aggressive side bolstering. Padded well, some recaro seats I've been there's bolstering but no padding. This was padded well. I liked them

Welcome to TMC, CombatChuk! Introduce yourself, please, and tell us a little about how you got here and your interest in Tesla. Some people start a new thread to make their introductions, so as not to sidetrack an existing thread.

I had the chance to test side by side the next generation seat s the standard. I thought I would never pay the difference but felt compelled to go try them before falling nap order. I am 6'6" tall and weight 250 lbs. For me, the next generation seat was way more comfortable and provided much more support to the entire body. I ordered the pano roof and still had plenty of headroom and no difference getting in and out. I didn't look in the rear seats because in a Tesla.......what's behind you doesn't matter! Mine comes December 27 on. Y birthday unless it delays.