Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Comments - Customer Service after ordering a MYLR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

theocguy

M3RWD - MSM/BLK/OD:03/22/Picked up 10/31/2022
Feb 11, 2022
Southern CA
I have read comments/posts here about the customer service of Tesla after taken the delivery is near to none or they are horrible.

I just ordered a MYLR online last week. I tried to reach out the SA (let's call him SA 1) who handled my test drive on some questions I have, but after few days, and I have not heard anything yet.

I understand SAs from Tesla do not get commission on selling cars. Is it one of the major reasons they do not seem giving a shyt to customers after they placed an order?

We, as customers, pay a lot of money to purchase their cars, and I am not sure why they would not give some of their times to address concerns/questions from customers?

Imagine a graph where level of customer service is on the y-axis, and level of demand for the product is the x-axis. Such a graph would be shaped like a curved line starting from the upper left down to the lower right.

The point being, they don't have to spend money fulfilling all your needs if you will buy it anyways. In time, things will change.

Reminds me of an old saying: No one goes to that club because it's too crowded.

Imagine a graph where level of customer service is on the y-axis, and level of demand for the product is the x-axis. Such a graph would be shaped like a curved line starting from the upper left down to the lower right.

The point being, they don't have to spend money fulfilling all your needs if you will buy it anyways. In time, things will change.

Reminds me of an old saying: No one goes to that club because it's too crowded.
that is what I thought. It is same that they remove the auto referral program. they don't have to give the free charges to new buyers when customers will buy their cars anyway.

I have read comments/posts here about the customer service of Tesla after taken the delivery is near to none or they are horrible.

I just ordered a MYLR online last week. I tried to reach out the SA (let's call him SA 1) who handled my test drive on some questions I have, but after few days, and I have not heard anything yet.

I understand SAs from Tesla do not get commission on selling cars. Is it one of the major reasons they do not seem giving a shyt to customers after they placed an order?

We, as customers, pay a lot of money to purchase their cars, and I am not sure why they would not give some of their times to address concerns/questions from customers?
I have been a Tesla owner since 2015.

Since then, I have seen a top-notch customer service program literally disappear. It used to be almost a concierge-type service and support. Rightfully so given what they were charging for a Model S back then.

Fast forward to today: the same $150K sticker price on their vehicles but they can’t even bother to deliver it with floor mats. Need service after delivery? Forget about it. No parts available.

Tesla is good at selling cars. That’s about where it ends. You may get lucky and not need much post-sale attention. But if you do, it is guaranteed to be industry-worst.

Reactions: theocguy
I have been a Tesla owner since 2015.

Since then, I have seen a top-notch customer service program literally disappear. It used to be almost a concierge-type service and support. Rightfully so given what they were charging for a Model S back then.

Fast forward to today: the same $150K sticker price on their vehicles but they can’t even bother to deliver it with floor mats. Need service after delivery? Forget about it. No parts available.

Tesla is good at selling cars. That’s about where it ends. You may get lucky and not need much post-sale attention. But if you do, it is guaranteed to be industry-worst.
i might need to reconsider to purchase from Tesla again. Post-sale customer service is big to me. With the traditional auto-dealership, if I am not satisfy with one dealership on the post-sale service work, i can always go to a different dealership of the same brand to do that. For Tesla, I think I am stuck with them as there is no 3 party doing the repairs that won't break the warranty.

If they can even ignore some of my simple questions during the waiting for delivery period, I can imagine how bad it will be if I have to deal with them with warranty. I hope I can get luck on that.

i might need to reconsider to purchase from Tesla again. Post-sale customer service is big to me. With the traditional auto-dealership, if I am not satisfy with one dealership on the post-sale service work, i can always go to a different dealership of the same brand to do that. For Tesla, I think I am stuck with them as there is no 3 party doing the repairs that won't break the warranty.

If they can even ignore some of my simple questions during the waiting for delivery period, I can imagine how bad it will be if I have to deal with them with warranty. I hope I can get luck on that.
Honestly, if post-sale support means that much to you, just cancel. You will not get any.

Try Rivian, Porsche, Ford or another legacy manufacturer if you are set on an EV.

Reactions: StatVirus
Devon Pa delivery and Devon / Lancaster service. Delivery and service experience has been completely acceptable if not superior to some legacy auto I’ve dealt with in the last two years.

My SA responds same day with most questions.

Don’t go in expecting to get coddled like you’re the only one with a problem who has spent money on a car. I find that being sincere and friendly has gotten me a long way with Tesla service advisors and the like.

We are still on the fence with an opinion regarding Tesla customer interaction.
These are our personal experiences, yours may be better or worse;

The on the floor in person SA's are the only people that you can actually communicate with face to face, but the information that they provide is a 50/50 shot at best for being accurate, believe nothing unless you can vet it as accurate.

There is absolutely no give and take, they take what they demand you give, don't even think about a compromise.
Its is their way or the highway, take it or leave it.

This is based on our experience going to pickup our new MYP and it not having the tires on it that we were told it would have, Tesla saying that we were wrong, so we refused it, they found us another with the correct tires, yet TBD.

The SA telling us that our trade in was good till our 2nd MYP arrived as long as we did not exceed 1000 more miles, but that was not true, the 2 extra weeks cost us $200 dollars in trade in value.

Having Tesla cancel our pickup of our second MYP, on the day of pickup, due to a "service alert" that requires a part. They will not tell us what the problem is, but then again I guess its not really our MYP yet.

Telling us when we will have to pick up our MYP, when its ready, which is a week day, we've already both burnt through 2 wasted days of PTO. Its a half day minimum round trip for us.

I swore that I would never own another American made car back in 1984 and I haven't since then.
If things keep going the way they are, I still may not own one.