Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Commercial Crew Transportation Capability (CCtCap) SpaceX and Boeing Developments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure sounds like an argument in favor of using the new boosters on a Starlink launch, and using flight-proven hardware for customer launches, eh? Then it'd be Starlink launches being delayed while the bugs are being figured out and fixed while the other stuff gets their launch dates on schedule.

Flight proven hardware - it's gonna be the new thing in transport to orbit any year now!

Sure sounds like an argument in favor of using the new boosters on a Starlink launch, and using flight-proven hardware for customer launches, eh? Then it'd be Starlink launches being delayed while the bugs are being figured out and fixed while the other stuff gets their launch dates on schedule.

Flight proven hardware - it's gonna be the new thing in transport to orbit any year now!

Lord knows I’d rather fly on a flight proven 737 Max...

Kathy Lueders comments on what is happening with the Mertlin engine anomalies which is forcing delays of Crew 1 and GPS III:
122093089_4116571595025616_1420439383293815276_o.jpg

122139037_4116571631692279_5891102126490589060_o.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Reactions: SmartElectric
SpaceX's Crew-3 already preparing for the next mission. Can't help but wonder about the status of those Boeing Starliner crews. I don't believe individual astronauts have much control over commercial crew assignments. Chris Ferguson has already left Boeing. Stuck on a Boeing I suppose it's sadly possible to age out before flying. Sunita Williams comes to mind.

SpaceX's Crew-3 already preparing for the next mission. Can't help but wonder about the status of those Boeing Starliner crews. I don't believe individual astronauts have much control over commercial crew assignments. Chris Ferguson has already left Boeing. Stuck on a Boeing I suppose it's sadly possible to age out before flying. Sunita Williams comes to mind.
This reminds me of this now mind-bending picture:
https://www.reddit.com/r/SpaceXLounge/comments/8kif3i/astronaut_sunita_williams_wearing_the_spacex_suit/
upload_2020-12-15_21-34-22.png

Last edited:
Reactions: doug
Ouch. Power surge due to miswired, or misused ground connects blew the avionics modules.

That isn't how I read this:

The revised date comes after Boeing recently replaced avionics units on the vehicle that were damaged by a power surge that NASA said was caused by “a ground support equipment configuration issue during final checkouts” of the spacecraft.

That sounds more like the "ground support equipment", isn't that the equipment in the ground control station?, was configured wrong and sent commands that caused a power surge. So really a software problem? (or human data entry problem?)

That isn't how I read this:

That sounds more like the "ground support equipment", isn't that the equipment in the ground control station?, was configured wrong and sent commands that caused a power surge. So really a software problem? (or human data entry problem?)

I have no idea whose interpretation is correct. I guess either works. I just assumed the wrong kind of power was fed in via umbilical cords ("Wait was that dial to set to 200V DC or 50V???"). Or they could have done what I did during a recent power outage and connected a generator to an isolated breaker panel, but didn't connect the neutral line, meaning 240V appliances were fine, but 120V ones had rather interesting power surges resulting in blown capacitors on their control boards. Nah, they couldn't have been that dumb!

• Funny
Reactions: adiggs