Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Common Accessories/Aftermarket Changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the pano roof on the 90D, so I am a little concerned about the kids in the back row getting too much sun. Anyone have experience with this?

Don't worry. The pano roof has some amazing shading on it. I never used to keep my old sunroof open as it got hot in the car. The TEsla doesn't have an option to close it (unless you buy the pano sunshades), but I never notice it getting hot.

Another bonus is if you have a preowned car w/o yacht flooring, it fits even better!

Must have accessories
D5BeSQx.jpg

On the inside of both sides are three pockets for miscellaneous stuff. On the outside of both is a mesh pocket. In the back is a zippered bay. On the front is a "flip panel" to reinforce the strength of the barrier to the cup holders. The taper of the bowling alley causes that extra flap to flex, creating an extra pocket area. Plenty of room, a hidden area (zipper in back), and sections to store loose stuff. Another great purchase especially now that I can't get a center console in Obeche.

I got the following accessories/add-ons.
- Window tint (photsync) - makes a big difference in my hot climate
- dual chargers (not really required, but nice nonetheless)
- Chademo adapter (not really required but great for road trips off the Supercharger grid)
- Tesla front console
- Weathertech floor mats from Tesla site
- Tesla tire repair kit
- HPWC (not strictly required. I do not have a garage, so I mounted this to the outside of my house. Otherwise, mobile charger would be in the mulch/garden.)
- 120V extension cord (for SLOW charging at our weekend place)
- NEMA 10-30 adapter (just in case)

Yea it's pretty nice. A good place to store J1772 adapter!!!

Yeah, I usually have my J1772, a hat, a bottle of Perrier, a water bottle, a small bottle of cologne, travel bag of tissues, and the cloth to clean the screen with in the various cubbies of it. Without the yacht floor, it doesn't buckle on the sides and sits flush with the raceway. In the loaner, it would slide forward, but stays put in my car because the top flap really grips in under the screen. Does yours sit better (I didn't want to wedge mine and make the sides buckle to then hold that shape in my car).

I actually do have fuzzy dice and a hula girl. They go well with the plasma globe that's on when supercharging at night.

Buzzkill alert (well, not really):

Having just had a convo with the new insurance company about coverage for aftermarket efforts, the list is somewhat fresh in my mind:

1. Window tint - noticeable every day. The pano really needs to be done next. I wear a cap now to cut the heat and glare, and the pano shades are barely useful.
2. Paint correction and protection - still shiny and no swirls 7 months later
3. Dashcams and polarized filters - these provide both peace of mind and an almost-daily source of amusement
4. Powdercoated the stock rims - now they match the paint
5. Reus audio upgrades - phenomenal sound, and unmatched service and support
6. Chademo adapter, 25' 50A cable, various other adapters, charging cards and fobs

I'm fairly certain that item(s) 6 and other detachable items (12V accessories, window shades, organizers, other car-specific stuff) are covered under a different policy. But the rest as listed, supported by receipts, will be covered for a nominal amount, and by covered I mean reflected at receipt value (including labor) in case of a total loss.

If I remember right, Geico, about 6 months ago in that case that somebody reported (and posted to wreckedexotics.com) just accepted the receipts post-accident and added the full value of the aftermarket work before coming up with a number. Easy peasy. Call me skeptical, but I wasn't willing to leave it to chance with a new (to me) insurance company - hence the call.

Point being, if you plan to direct $10K or more into aftermarket merriment, it might be worth sorting out in advance what's covered, what's not, and how. It would be enough of a pain to have to redo everything without getting stung financially as well. Besides, for the new owners, the money saved can go toward the next $10K in expenses (extended "warranty", prepaid service, tires every couple of years, and so forth).

PS: Yes, the coat hooks and sunglasses clip from EVAnnex and the fob pockets from Abstract Ocean are nifty as well. Do consider onboard espresso - it's just... civilized. Jury's still out concerning 12V appliances, though. Probably better for a Model X. Who knew there was such a thing as a 12V crockpot. Pair that with an Engel fridge/freezer (very low draw, 1 moving part) and let your freak/gourmet flag fly!

Last edited:
I actually do have fuzzy dice and a hula girl. They go well with the plasma globe that's on when supercharging at night.

Buzzkill alert (well, not really):

Having just had a convo with the new insurance company about coverage for aftermarket efforts, the list is somewhat fresh in my mind:

1. Window tint - noticeable every day. The pano really needs to be done next. I wear a cap now to cut the heat and glare, and the pano shades are barely useful.
2. Paint correction and protection - still shiny and no swirls 7 months later
3. Dashcams and polarized filters - these provide both peace of mind and an almost-daily source of amusement
4. Powdercoated the stock rims - now they match the paint
5. Reus audio upgrades - phenomenal sound, and unmatched service and support
6. Chademo adapter, 25' 50A cable, various other adapters, charging cards and fobs

I'm fairly certain that item(s) 6 and other detachable items (12V accessories, window shades, organizers, other car-specific stuff) are covered under a different policy. But the rest as listed, supported by receipts, will be covered for a nominal amount, and by covered I mean reflected at receipt value (including labor) in case of a total loss.

If I remember right, Geico, about 6 months ago in that case that somebody reported (and posted to wreckedexotics.com) just accepted the receipts post-accident and added the full value of the aftermarket work before coming up with a number. Easy peasy. Call me skeptical, but I wasn't willing to leave it to chance with a new (to me) insurance company - hence the call.

Point being, if you plan to direct $10K or more into aftermarket merriment, it might be worth sorting out in advance what's covered, what's not, and how. It would be enough of a pain to have to redo everything without getting stung financially as well. Besides, for the new owners, the money saved can go toward the next $10K in expenses (extended "warranty", prepaid service, tires every couple of years, and so forth).

PS: Yes, the coat hooks and sunglasses clip from EVAnnex and the fob pockets from Abstract Ocean are nifty as well. Do consider onboard espresso - it's just... civilized. Jury's still out concerning 12V appliances, though. Probably better for a Model X. Who knew there was such a thing as a 12V crockpot. Pair that with an Engel fridge/freezer (very low draw, 1 moving part) and let your freak/gourmet flag fly!

Tell me more about this Reus audio upgrade I've been hearing about. Any details on pricing and performance would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the number for Reus Systems: (714) 633-6636. Ask for Cliff.

Before you do, search here for "Reus" and Volkerize for same at TeslaMotors.com to read what others have said and to see some nifty pictures.

Shortish version is there are now 4 Reus choices: Levels 1, 2, 3 and the 2.5. Most Model S installs have been Level 2. In very general terms, Level 2.5 adds more emphasis for highs and midrange plus something else that I forget at the moment. Level 3 adds all of the 2.5 stuff plus a larger amp and 2nd sub.

All of this and more is listed in their product sheet (PDF) that they'll email you upon request. Also, when you upgrade from Model S to whichever Model S is next, Reus will remove your system and install it in the new chariot for the cost of labor only. Parts and performance are covered for as long as you own the car(s).

I started with Level 2 and upgraded to Level 2.5 - each service encounter has been excellent. 100/100 across maybe 6 contact episodes. I wish I could say the same for Tesla Service, which while the flat-out best in the car industry (and in most other industries) has only averaged 0.700 with me during the first 6 months. Still good, but not Reus good.