Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Common Issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone familiar with this article? I have lurked/searched this forum for a bit but do not see many of these issues posted here. Looking to order a 3 but want to get smart on the most common issues so i can determine whether or not they are non-issue or deal-breakers for me.

Any perspective and information would be greatly appreciated. And if there is already a thread covering this, that i missed, please link me up.

Thanks!

Article:
Tesla Model 3: Comprehensive Buyer's Guide To Known Issues, Problems

We had tail light condensation but we have a very early AWD LR, Tesla replaced them almost a year ago and no issues since. The lower rocker damage is due to throwing up rocks and sand and any car without mud flaps the same will happen, As well as the resulting rust from sand blasting off the paint. So pretty much everything mentioned is “fake news”

I'm waiting for my VIN. I saw the mud flaps and thought drag. I don't know enough about PPF to know if it would be a viable solution to rock damage on on rockers and fenders.
Our range didn’t change at all when we put on the mud flaps. With as much as the rocker cuts back under PPF on the lower 1/4 will get hammered. Would probably have to get changed out once or twice a year.

The issues with my p3d- built 10/2019 are trunk misaligned, rear doors slightly misaligned, and a rattle here and there. The panel alignments don't bother me at all.

The first rattle was a broken clip inside the driver's side door, service fixed that in about 5 minutes. The second rattle is coming from the a pillar and front corner of dash, got an appt for that in 2 weeks.