Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Communicating with Tesla advisor.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I'm new to the TMC forums and have been looking in to getting a used Model S through the Tesla CPO inventory. I got set up with an advisor, however after his initial call to me he has not answered several calls. I realize they are very busy with the Model 3 roll-outs, but I'm a bit nervous about their customer service. If they take weeks to get back to you when you're trying to buy a vehicle I can only imagine what it'll be like for servicing and potential trips to the service center in Fremont. Any used Tesla members have any advice on the best way to get help on this. I've utilized the configurations on the excellent EV-CPO page and am considering a paid membership to get alerts quickly. Thanks for any advice and happy Sunday.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your comments. You can try out the free two-week trial for alerts on EV-CPO. :)

I don't think the sales associates are really bothered with Model 3 at this point. No non-Tesla sales are happening, so no sales, no deliveries yet (yeah, except for maybe Fremont).

Also, the service centers tend to be different people than the sales organization. Is Fremont your only viable sales or service center? You can always try calling other sales centers directly, you might get a more prompt response. They all have access to the internal inventory not listed on their website or EV-CPO.

Just keep trying, I guess is the best advice. And good luck!

-Hank

Reactions: boaterva
Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your comments. You can try out the free two-week trial for alerts on EV-CPO. :)

I don't think the sales associates are really bothered with Model 3 at this point. No non-Tesla sales are happening, so no sales, no deliveries yet (yeah, except for maybe Fremont).

Also, the service centers tend to be different people than the sales organization. Is Fremont your only viable sales or service center? You can always try calling other sales centers directly, you might get a more prompt response. They all have access to the internal inventory not listed on their website or EV-CPO.

Just keep trying, I guess is the best advice. And good luck!

-Hank

Hi Hank,

Thanks for the info. I guess they are just overworked or I got a bad advisor. haha. I'm in Central CA, so any of the centers in the Bay Area is about 150 miles from me. I think trying a new sales center may be the best option.

I did the free membership on EV-CPO. Great site, just not a lot available in my price range at this time. I'm hoping to get a 2014 85 for around $45K. I'm thinking by the end of the year when they're rolling out the 2018's I'll have a better chance.

I appreciate your help!

Brandon

Hi Hank,

Thanks for the info. I guess they are just overworked or I got a bad advisor. haha. I'm in Central CA, so any of the centers in the Bay Area is about 150 miles from me. I think trying a new sales center may be the best option.

I did the free membership on EV-CPO. Great site, just not a lot available in my price range at this time. I'm hoping to get a 2014 85 for around $45K. I'm thinking by the end of the year when they're rolling out the 2018's I'll have a better chance.

I appreciate your help!

Brandon

Tesla don't do yearly updates, so I would continue to monitor the CPOs. You can always hope for a big refresh that would give more used cars, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Thanks for the info. Since they are lowering most of their CPO warranties to 2 years, I may just considering buying through a third party. Still not sure what's the best option.

That only applies to battery and drive unit correct?

No, that's the standard warranty from Tesla, although I think it's unlimited miles/8 years on the battery and motor.

I'm talking about the "Extended Service Agreement" which basically extends the factory warranty for a set period of time. Back when I got my P85D in March of this year, it was $4000 to extend the warranty to 8 years/100k miles. It's more expensive now, and there is a 2 year option also.

With a CPO purchase, you only get 2 years/100k max odometer warranty, or 4 years+50k odometer miles (each CPO car could have one or the other, it's not a choice).

If you buy a car privately, you still have the option of buying the ESA. If from Tesla, you only get one of the two warranties above (for CPO/Used). If you buy privately from a dealer, you get nothing past the factory warranty.

See: Vehicle Warranty

No, that's the standard warranty from Tesla, although I think it's unlimited miles/8 years on the battery and motor.

I'm talking about the "Extended Service Agreement" which basically extends the factory warranty for a set period of time. Back when I got my P85D in March of this year, it was $4000 to extend the warranty to 8 years/100k miles. It's more expensive now, and there is a 2 year option also.

With a CPO purchase, you only get 2 years/100k max odometer warranty, or 4 years+50k odometer miles (each CPO car could have one or the other, it's not a choice).

If you buy a car privately, you still have the option of buying the ESA. If from Tesla, you only get one of the two warranties above (for CPO/Used). If you buy privately from a dealer, you get nothing past the factory warranty.

See: Vehicle Warranty
Okay. Thanks for the information! That is very helpful. Great to know you can get a longer warranty through private sale if you go that option. In order to purchase the ESA through a private sale does the mileage have to be under 50,500 or whatever the cutoff is?