Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Commute advice setting gone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I crazy? I never get these anymore...the popup that tells me a faster route when I drive home?

Yes. It's gone. I noticed it when I got my new Model X at the end of March. It had both the new Intel MCU and the new Nav system, so I wasn't sure at the time which new feature resulted in its absence (most likely the new Nav). I had really come to rely on it with my previous Model S. Now I have to remember to plot a course to work every day if I want to avoid traffic :mad:

Use Waze?

That defeats the whole purpose. It used to be fully automatic. Now you'd have me pull out and mount my phone, launch Waze and put in a destination? Might as well just put a destination into the Tesla Nav system.

As long as you had Home and Work destinations set up in the system, it would alert you to traffic on the way to work and suggest alternate routes... even without using the Nav system at all. I found that very helpful.

The new nav system automatically reroutes you thru traffic jams.

So did the old one (although I think the new one does it better).

What we're talking about was the feature that would automatically alert you to traffic conditions on your commute. As long as you had your Home and Work locations saved in the system, you would get pop-up alerts about traffic delays even if you were not using Nav, and without the need for a route to be entered. I mean who would normally use their Nav system to get to and from work every day? Now if I want to be alerted, I have to remember to use the Nav system on every commute drive.

So did the old one (although I think the new one does it better).

What we're talking about was the feature that would automatically alert you to traffic conditions on your commute. As long as you had your Home and Work locations saved in the system, you would get pop-up alerts about traffic delays even if you were not using Nav, and without the need for a route to be entered. I mean who would normally use their Nav system to get to and from work every day? Now if I want to be alerted, I have to remember to use the Nav system on every commute drive.

I turn on waze to and from work every day. I actually have it on when not routing.
This is how I know if I need to go a different way than usual. Also cause police reports.

Waze sends back road speeds even when not routing so others will get the best routing. It’s a crowd sourced traffic info. This is also why waze has the best guidance around traffic. Google bought waze for this and one other reason

*disclaimer. I am a senior beta tester with Waze. So I know all the engineers and the like and very familiar with the backend of the waze infrastructure.

Reactions: MarkKW