Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Commuter Cars - Tango

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you're comparing it to the MS (4.2 sec - 5.9 sec), but if you're comparing to the Roadster (3.7 sec - 3.9 sec) - No.

The one in the show and for sale has a different gear ratio - they're claiming a 3.2 second 0-60 time. Top end is probably limited.

It's got to be a weird thing to see in real life - being narrower than most motorcycle handlebars tip to tip is pretty amazing.

Back in 2006 when I first saw the Tango and spoke to the owner of the company, it was $100K. This was at a Palo Alto EV event, and Tesla Roadster EP1 was parked only a few yards away. I remember turning to my friend and asking, "Which would you choose for 100K?"

Now $200K?!? I think it's a cool little car, but at such low production volumes, it costs much more than it's worth.

Does George Clooney Really Hate Tesla Electric Cars?

"That Post article is way overblown. Clooney was one of a bunch of celebs and others who got early cars for the novelty of it, then rarely used them.
"I do know of one instance of him having an issue with the car on the road. It wasn't that technically significant, but he had a very early car, and you know what they can be like).
"I'm sure it may have been a pain for Clooney on the day it happened--but it wasn't 'always stuck on the ******* side of the road' at all.

"But his people whined to Tesla that they'd lost confidence in the car, so the company not only picked it up for a thorough inspection and kept it for a few weeks to make sure any issues were shaken out, they went back on a regular basis, picked up the car, put some miles on it, delivered it back, etc.

"That was just to make sure it was perfect any time he did feel like driving it. Of course, he never really did drive it much, largely because he was rarely in town.

"I think it had 2,000 miles or less when he sold it.

"From knowing his people, it sounds more like the Tango was the one that gave him the impression all electric cars were unreliable. Apparently he had more actual issues with that car--so by the time he got the Roadster, one issue was all it took. "

So... he keeps the car that kept breaking down, and auctioned off the one that had an issue once.

Don't shoot the messenger... shoot the other guy who brought the good news.