Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

compact subwoofer under seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone here tried one of those compact subwoofers that you can put under your seat?
i need to add a sub with my light harmoic setup...the sound is lacking base in my basic setup even after adding Light Harmonic speakers...the sound is definitely better but still lacking base.
adding a big sub in trunk seems like a lot of work and more expensive but i have seen those little subs for under seats but i wonder if the base is enough to complement the system?

something like below:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/kicker...j5cbXjaHSnCFr8VQ68RoC5G8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I think it depends on what your expectations are and what kind of music you listen to. One of the big shortcomings is the factory EQ which rolls off significantly as you get into sub-bass territory. You could get some more midbass out of the all-in-one maybe.

The thing is, you're still going to need to get power and signal to it. Power will come from the 12v battery, and signal will come from the footwell. Once you've gotten these under the seat, you're 80% of the way to getting them to the rear hatch where you can install a larger sub in a larger enclosure and a larger amp. The price goes up to over $800, but that includes signal correction and a heck of a lot more output.

yes i agree with you but that draws more power too and reduces the life of your battery range from what i have read. i dont need a loud base for a rap song but just need enough punch base to feel in the seat and something that would complement the system but not rattle the entire car.