Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Companies Changing the World

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ggies07

Nov 8, 2012
DFW
I wanted to start a thread where we could post about different companies in any industry trying to change the world for the better. We have Tesla in the transportation and storage side and Solarcity in the renewable energy side.

And now we have Theranos in the Healthcare sector. This company has been around for 13 years, but I just found out about them after watching the CEO/Founder, Elizabeth Holmes, on the Charlie Rose show. It's quite a fascinating story on how she created this company and where it is today. She is quite inspiring and would be the second company I would want to work for after Tesla.

Our mission is to make actionable information accessible to everyone at the time it matters.

By making actionable information accessible to everyone in the world at the time it matters most, we are working to facilitate the early detection and prevention of disease, and empower people everywhere to live their best possible lives.

The word Theranos originated from the integration of therapy and diagnosis.

The current definition of diagnosis is 'Identification of an illness by examination of the symptoms.' Which is the problem. Because by the time there are already symptoms, it can often be too late to fundamentally do something about it.
We define Theranos as: Detecting the onset of disease in time for therapy to be effective.
So we can begin to build a world where no one finds out too late that something is wrong. And no one has to say goodbye too soon.

Here is the interview:

[video]http://www.charlierose.com/watch/60570528[/video]

Last edited: