Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Company Fleet of Teslas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I work for a small engineering firm with about 35 employees that has a current fleet of 20 or so full-size, crew cab, 4x4 pickups. One is my DD. The owner's wife got a P3D+ late last year, so some of us have been suggesting the company switch the fleet over to Cybertrucks. It started off half-jokingly, but the boss loves the M3 and could maybe be convinced if it made financial sense, probably even more so after the Cybertrucks have been around for a while. They obviously see the benefits of Tesla ownership on a personal basis already, but a fleet would have other considerations. Numerous chargers would need to be installed at the office, employees charging at home, etc.

Side note- seeing their P3D+ is what convinced my wife and I to get one of our own. They were excited to show it off to us and almost as excited when we ordered one.

So any companies out there going all Tesla or other EV? Help us make the pitch.

(Posted here since the 3 seems a likely good fleet option in some fields.)

I own part of a construction company and we are an F-150/250/350 fleet. We will be adding a handful of Cybertrucks once they are available, essentially to test whether we should be converting the fleet (~30) to Cybertruck over time as replacements come along. While reliability is the obvious concern anytime we are putting a crew of 3-6 guys at risk for being idle, these days the F-series lack the reliability that they used to have...putting Cybertruck in play as a potential replacement for the fleet. Price point is clearly attractive already; we all know operating cost of EV is awesome. So it really will come down to uptime and getting the employees used to EV (home charging/etc). But there's no way we will go whole-hog on Cybertruck because of the unknowns in the real world use of them. Buying a few is no big deal even if the experiment is a "disaster" because we can always have The Suits use them if not the field.

We have 2 company-owned loaner cars (a Scion xB and a 1999 BMW 323i), and I would love to switch to new Model 3s but the numbers just don't quite pencil out yet. I'd have to buy the cheapest model 3s too, which is hard for me to do when I work on so many performance model 3s everyday! lmao

We would no doubt do the same. Start with a few and see how it works out. Our current trucks are all 2017-19 1500 Ram Hemis that get swapped out at around 4-5years/100k miles. They also like the marketing aspect of a logo'd vehicle that sticks out. Our company previously had a few 4-door Wranglers that we'd get compliments on a lot, but they proved to be impractical and not reliable at all.

I have an IT company and am in the processes of switching to EVs. I of course have a Tesla, but to keep the math making sense the tech's vehicles need to be in the $30k range. We could stretch as a luxury to go with the base Model 3, but the Bolt EV makes more sense in Minnesota. (If you're going to drive only 2 wheels in the snow, they should be the front.) Looked hard at the Kona/Niro, but they're not locally available and having them shipped in from a costal state nearly wipes out the tax credit advantage.
So far, no regrets. None of my techs travel enough for even winter range to be a problem. We use Mileage-ace trackers for logging miles, and JuiceBox ESVEs for tracking charging expenses.

We could stretch as a luxury to go with the base Model 3, but the Bolt EV makes more sense in Minnesota. (If you're going to drive only 2 wheels in the snow, they should be the front.)

I thought that was due to most traditional cars having the weight up front because of the engine. Is it still true for balanced or even rear heavy vehicles/EVs like the Model 3? Even RWD Tesla's in the snow have incredible stability.

Reactions: Tessaract
I thought that was due to most traditional cars having the weight up front because of the engine. Is it still true for balanced or even rear heavy vehicles/EVs like the Model 3? Even RWD Tesla's in the snow have incredible stability.
That's a very good question I hadn't thought about, nor have I read about any testing. Conventional wisdom says pulling through snow beats pushing. I'd expect in a FWD EV vs RWD EV, the FWD would still win. Surely RWD EV vs RWD ICE has the EV winning.

Reactions: zhu-