Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Comparing 2013 v 2014 v 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't find a good comparison between model years. I'm thinking about buying a CPO and I need to understand what "hardware" comes with each year.

For example, I know auto pilot features were installed starting around October of last year.

What's different about the 2015 I test drove and what comes with the 2013? 2014?

Does anyone know a good comparison site or post?

Thanks

Please appreciate that Tesla does not use the concept of "model years". The company introduces new features as they develop them without regard to the calendar.
I think at the top of the Model S forum there is a "sticky" post about when the various changes were introduced. It's kind of complicated to follow because various options were shuffled around into different packages over the past 3 years.

Thanks, this is very helpful. A post about the wiki came up after submitting my question, but I couldn't find it before hand using the search function.

- - - Updated - - -

ercaran, good point. Do you have any idea how to tell which features are standard with a CPO listing? They just have the year and production number.

Enjoy choosing a vehicle. Let us know if you have any more questions once you start diving into the wiki. As ecarfan alluded to, trying to figure out what to expect can be complicated when new features and changes roll out all year long.

ercaran, good point. Do you have any idea how to tell which features are standard with a CPO listing? They just have the year and production number.

That's a little more complicated. VINs don't tie directly to delivery date, and delivery date is the best indicator of feature configuration (beyond what Tesla has on the CPO site). Your best bet is to hunt the Orders forum for similar VINs to get a rough estimate.