Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Comparing Tesla Model 3 SR ( 151km range ) to Mazda MX30

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, TACC is not standard on all M3.
The midrange I bought doesn't have it.
I understand Basic AP became standard at one point though.
Tesla does not offer a Model 3 called “midrange”. So I am not clear now what version you have. When did you purchase your car?

If you mean the “Standard Range Plus” Model 3, I am positive they have TACC, just like the Long Range version.

Tesla does not offer a Model 3 called “midrange”. So I am not clear now what version you have. When did you purchase your car?

If you mean the “Standard Range Plus” Model 3, I am positive they have TACC, just like the Long Range version.
Tesla sold the midrange until 2019, I know I have one. And I don't think initially the S+ had TACC and auto steer included. Tesla added those features with a 2000$ price increase.

IMO: Can the other EVs auto steer and start and stop when the car in front of you stops and starts? Get the Tesla, the technology is so far ahead of the competition. Not to mention over-the-air updates for many years to come. Have you also checked their factory-required maintenance schedule? The other EVs still have a more hefty one compared to Tesla's.

Furthermore, have a look on youtube there is a guy (I believe it was Dec 2020) from SK, Canada showing his Model 3 parked outside starting up with -32C outside and -24C inside the cabin within 4 minutes and driving away without any issues whatsoever. It was plugged in though.
To be fair these days even Corolla and Civic have pretty competent adaptive cruise but their lane keepings usually isn't very good. However many other cars do that pretty well now too.

The Model 3 is lovely and futuristic but it also doesn't have a number of tech features found in most other vehicles. I really miss blind spot monitoring and cross traffic alert on it, and I know many dismiss it but carplay and androidauto would be so nice to have.

I haven't driven it myself but the Mini Cooper SE looks interesting if you can live with its short range since the Cooper has always been known as a fun drive.

The Mazda MX30 and Model 3 Standard Range are both terrible value propositions, but I'd still take a Standard Range over the horribly underpowered MX30.

As far as the Long Range vs the Standard Range Plus...unless you really need/want the 568 vs 423 km range, AWD and marginally faster acceleration, it's not a great value compared to the SR+, especially in BC and QC where you get the full rebate - you're paying $15-20k more for those (and a better stereo).
Just an update, changed to Model 3 SR Plus , Red MultiCoat with 18" wheels - changing to 4 year lease

Dan

With the price difference of $8600 + from the SR, thinking lease be the better option. Since car not arriving until almost Sept 2022, lots of time to decide best financing option
Everyone's circumstances are different but I went with finance over lease. The cost to lease for 48 months with 20K mileage a year is around $39000 depending on down payment. The cost of finance over 60 months with $0 down is roughly $54500 (2.35% $907.75 tax included a month in BC). I figure if I can get $16000 or more at the end of the 5 year term for the car it will be a win for me and that's not counting the extra year one has to lease/finance another car on top of the $39000 to equal my 5 year finance term.

I paid $2000 for 5 year replacement cost to protect against a write off in the event the car is totalled but I would assume there is insurance for damages to a lease vehicle as well.

I just thought with interest rate so low it is more flexible with finance as I can buy out the car anytime simply by paying off the loan if I change my mind. With a lease it is trickier as you'll need a lease takeover or as someone mentioned find a car dealer willing to do a dealer buyout etcetc.