Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Comparing the 3’s interior and exterior to my former BMW M3:

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LOVE the comparison!
Quick question: have you ever heard of anyone getting a regular Dual Motor AWD (non-performance) Model 3 and ending up with the performance unlock for the faster 0-60 speed, without the 19" wheels and upgraded red calipers....?
I think mine is enabled... :)
just curious, since I don't want to start a thread about this and risk my software being downgraded!
thanks and keep up the great work!

LOVE the comparison!
Quick question: have you ever heard of anyone getting a regular Dual Motor AWD (non-performance) Model 3 and ending up with the performance unlock for the faster 0-60 speed, without the 19" wheels and upgraded red calipers....?
just curious, since I don't want to start a thread about this and risk my software being downgraded!
thanks and keep up the great work!

Interesting...do you have the red bar under "dual motor" in your car info and app? Tesla is so disorganized I wouldn't be surprised.

Wow. Thanks for confirming!
My sales guy said that if it does have the unlocked faster 0-60mph feature then it's a bonus! Of course the sport wheels and red calipers would be a much better upgrade, but if it's just software upgrade, I'd hope they wouldn't remove it if I take it in for paint corrections!

Yes, someone else on TMC has posted that they bought a Dual Motor and paid the correct price for it but their display showed they had a Performance version. I don’t remember if Tesla ended up turning off the Performance capability or not.

Reactions: FlyErik
I'm going through a conundrum trying to convince myself i'll be happy with an M3P after owning 4 M3's in a row... Any insight?
That’s a good problem to have! I also leased a handful of BMW M cars, even an I8. I don’t miss them as much as I like my Tesla. Do you track often?

Check out my other videos, may help you decide.

As for the free Performance upgrade, wow, what a deal!?

Tesla Model 3 Performance Driver