Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Comparison between LR Gemini and LR Induction?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jsight

Apr 5, 2018
Charleston
I know this has been discussed a bit, but has there been any consistent testing on the difference? There was a youtuber recently making the claim that they had to be very similar (less than 5%) difference, but I'm not sure that I believe that.

I know this has been discussed a bit, but has there been any consistent testing on the difference? There was a youtuber recently making the claim that they had to be very similar (less than 5%) difference, but I'm not sure that I believe that.
I assume you mean range impact? The funny thing about the19 and 20 in wheels is that they weight almost identically, as far as I read in some threads. From the decision thread:

Wheel + Tire Weight (not including TPMS and air):
Gemini: 29.60lbs wheel + 28.30lbs tire = 56.90lbs (unclear if this includes the covers)
Induction: 31.55lbs wheel + 25.26 tire = 56.81.lbs

Whereas the 21 are much heavier. So it could be that the very similar weights (identical, basically) result also in similar range. Whereas the 21", being _much_ heavier, have the largest penalty.