Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Comparison Model S, Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

LST

Supporting Member
Jun 8, 2009
Switzerland
An urgent question to all who attended the unveiling: Can you share your impressions on the eventual comparative advantage between Model S and X ? Leaving aside the design aspects and add/rwd theme. Is it that roomier ? Can you fold and stack away the seats? Would it be possible to go on a winter holiday (skis, snowboards, hockey gear etc.) with a family of 5 ?

Thank you for sharing

Model X is quite a bit taller than Model S. You can fit considerably more in the Model X but if you 've got skis (and 5 people) you still need a roof rack. Which I heard was an option on Model X (not sure how it works with falcon doors).

About the roof rack, I understand it is useful to some people and difficult to implement with the falcon doors. I used to drive and haul my skis around Europe when i went on skiing vacations but then started to take flights to destination combined with local transportation. Nowadays i just rent skis on location for the week or two instead of buying new ones every two years.

I asked the engineer driving the X when I got my ride about the roof rack question and his answer was they have planed for it with a ingenious idea that they were not going to reveal quite yet but he basically said not to worry it will be there even with falcon doors..... we'll just have to wait and see

I asked the engineer driving the X when I got my ride about the roof rack question and his answer was they have planed for it with a ingenious idea that they were not going to reveal quite yet but he basically said not to worry it will be there even with falcon doors..... we'll just have to wait and see

I guess you could fit a split roof rack on top of the falcon door and tilt the cargo (if we are talking about skis) when opening the doors?

To the OP -- although I wasn't there, it's clear that the Model X will have a lot more luggage space, with the third row folded down, than the Model S will (with the second row up). The X's frunk is much larger, and the X's rear space (with the third row down) is both deeper and longer than the S's. Snowboards and hockey gear will fit inside. Alpine skis, uncertain. The AWD availability should make the X a better snow car.

The roof rack seems, at best, challenging and complex.

I guess you could fit a split roof rack on top of the falcon door and tilt the cargo (if we are talking about skis) when opening the doors?

:confused: Cargo sandwich?

front.jpg

Maybe they're gonna use the idea I suggested here.

7080868-0-large.jpg