Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Compass and navigation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have noticed that once navigation has started the compass gets covered by the navigation interface. Not a big deal but I kind of like to know what direction I am traveling especially on a road trip. Many of the new user interface features are great BUT some simple items were removed or covered over.

tesla mcu nav.jpg

I have noticed that once navigation has started the compass gets covered by the navigation interface. Not a big deal but I kind of like to know what direction I am traveling especially on a road trip. Many of the new user interface features are great BUT some simple items were removed or covered over.

View attachment 772934

Hey, if you to bring up the compass orientation, tap anywhere on the screen - it operates like a tablet or iphone. I know kinda not obvious, I only learned by watching various YouTube vids. lol.

I agree with you; I too found that change annoying. If you don't quickly tap the compass icon right after initiating nav - it is covered up.
Sorry if this is off-topic, but because you’ve had a prior M3, I’d like your take on amount of “phantom braking” in newer one vs your prior one. Some have said theres much more yet others report no different.