TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Compatible Garage Door Openers?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Rachmaninov, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Rachmaninov

Rachmaninov Supporting Member

#1 Rachmaninov, Oct 22, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    I’m looking to buy two new garage door openers and wanted to make sure they will be compatible with the Tesla system.

Can anyone suggest a suitable high quality brand/model?

Any brands / models that have known issues with Tesla systems?

Thanks

Edit - I’m also trying to make sure it will work with the Tesla summon feature (when that function is perfected)

2. Wennfred

Wennfred Supporting Member

#2 Wennfred, Oct 23, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    115C1AEC-3311-4139-A8F5-C64D15A7AC4C.jpeg I use the marantec synergy 270, high quality and ultra quiet belt driven. The 370 version comes with the battery back up so if you lose power to the house, it will still open. German made and solid. The only issue I had was I had to remove the LED light as it caused issues with the HomeLink, I have other lights in the garage so that’s was ok. I wanted ultra quiet and that’s why I went that route. My 10 year old Genie was way too loud. As far as it being reliable with Homelink 99% of the time, closes when you leave 30 feet away and opens when you get close to the door on the way back.

Fred

3. Wennfred

This is the style of LED light that comes with the Marantec that I removed, check the other brands when you look to see if it has this type of LED waffler light. If your opener is having issues programming, remove the light and see if that helps. Most newer openers come with these powerful LED’s

EA3C6A6C-E9DD-442F-A6B5-3325C7B05303.jpeg

4. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

#4 Rockster, Oct 23, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    I went with a LiftMaster wall mounted opener instead of a ceiling mounted opener like I've used for decades. I'll never go back to a ceiling mounted opener. It makes so much more sense to attach the opener to the wall next to the door than to put it 10 feet away and then need to use a chain or a screw shaft to connect it to the door. Plus, my master bedroom is above the garage and now the opener doesn't cause the master bedroom to rumble like it did before.

• Love x 1
  5. Wennfred

Awesome! I’ve never seen a wall mount unit, thanks for posting.

Fred

6. AdamVIP

AdamVIP Member

Heres the list straight from homelink. If you want to confirm a specific opener is okay just shoot them an email or call.

HomeLink