Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Compatible Wiper Blades for Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sleepydoc

Aug 2, 2020
Minneapolis
I just replaced the wiper blades on my 2020 MY. The new ones fit fine but I noticed the passenger side would not move completely down into the parked position. After a bit of fiddling, I realized it was because the Duralast Aero blades I purchased are taller than the OEM blades so the arm doesn’t fit under the edge of the hood. I considered leaving them on, but I think the wiper arm would start to chip the paint at the edge of the hood. You can see in the pics, it appears the OEM blades are about 26 mm (about 1 1/16”) while the new blades were 38 mm (1.5”). Not much, but enough of a difference.

I’ve seen several other people posting questions/problems finding wiper blades that fit. With that in mind, I thought I’d start a thread to get a list of compatible blades since the reference books are only really worried about the mount on the wiper arm.

As I mentioned above, these were Duralast Aero blades that fit the arm but were too high. I‘ll post if I find other blades that fit/don’t fit.

6506DCE7-ED29-41BD-9532-499F7A39FF51.jpeg
C996C3AB-1905-4915-BF3B-6D8301C2608A.jpeg

I just replaced the wiper blades on my 2020 MY. The new ones fit fine but I noticed the passenger side would not move completely down into the parked position. After a bit of fiddling, I realized it was because the Duralast Aero blades I purchased are taller than the OEM blades so the arm doesn’t fit under the edge of the hood. I considered leaving them on, but I think the wiper arm would start to chip the paint at the edge of the hood. You can see in the pics, it appears the OEM blades are about 26 mm (about 1 1/16”) while the new blades were 38 mm (1.5”). Not much, but enough of a difference.

I’ve seen several other people posting questions/problems finding wiper blades that fit. With that in mind, I thought I’d start a thread to get a list of compatible blades since the reference books are only really worried about the mount on the wiper arm.

As I mentioned above, these were Duralast Aero blades that fit the arm but were too high. I‘ll post if I find other blades that fit/don’t fit.

View attachment 704288View attachment 704289
were you able to find any that fit? I am having the same issue..thanks

Still don't understand why the Tesla online shop doesn't have wiper blades available for the MY.
Yeah, it's odd that they sell them for the S, 3 and X but not the Y. I'm guessing it's a size issue - the Y uses 20 and 26" blades. Every other Tesla uses 18 and 28" blades so if they had them for the S they automatically had them for the X and the the 3.

When I look on their site, the blades they see for the Model S are just Bosch blades. Their price isn't bad but it's a whole lot easier just to go to your local auto parts store and pick up a set of Bosch blades vs ordering online. What I find more annoying is that the owner's manual doesn't tell you what size you need.

Installed these a few weeks ago. Fit like the originals and worked as well. Amazon.com
I tried those, and they fit well. If I polished my windshield, they would glide nicely. Unfortunately with no hydrophobic treatment, the MY wipers are too slow to handle strong downpours. With treatment (I tried Aquapel and Rain-x), they chattered badly.

The PIAA with the treatment that comes with them (and they supposedly rub off and deposit a hydrophobic residue as they wear) is the only thing that worked well for me.

• Informative
Reactions: shoemakj
Odd, I use aquapel just before winter and re apply in spring. Wipers I pointed to work wonderfully, no chattering whatsoever. In fact we just had a snow storm last night and the roads are a mess of salt/snow and water, no issues coming to work, wipers did an excellent job.

Odd, I use aquapel just before winter and re apply in spring. Wipers I pointed to work wonderfully, no chattering whatsoever. In fact we just had a snow storm last night and the roads are a mess of salt/snow and water, no issues coming to work, wipers did an excellent job.
I'm glad to hear that. I thought that my wiper arms might need to be twisted a bit, but they chattered in both directions.

FYI- I bought Michelin Silicone blades and they didn't fit on the MY passenger side either (though driver side was fine)- so I did a rubber, silicone transplant with the OEM hardware. Here is my comment from a different thread:

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to take pictures, but there is a YouTube video of a similar type of disassembly that I've referenced on the post.

FYI: I just installed rainx silicon endura’s on my 22 Model Y and they fit without any passenger side clearance issues. (On my car anyway). Only thing I had to do was snip the plastic ears off the included adapter as others have stated.

Attachments

• 1098BF6E-C86A-4124-993B-619E6A7398E5.jpeg
    1098BF6E-C86A-4124-993B-619E6A7398E5.jpeg
    506.7 KB · Views: 323
  • Informative
Reactions: Tezla041
FYI: I just installed rainx silicon endura’s on my 22 Model Y and they fit without any passenger side clearance issues. (On my car anyway). Only thing I had to do was snip the plastic ears off the included adapter as others have stated.
Curious what parts you snipped to get the Rainx Enduras to fit. I'm trying to get them on MY, snipped the plastic ears but now seems the tiny groove fins on the side are preventing them from sliding in. I can dremel those off but worried if I do there won't be enough support to hold the blade to the arm when using at highway speed.