Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Compete with Taycan on Nurburgring?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since this thread is within the 2020 Roadster “area” nobody and I mean nobody cares what rationalizations you made. This isn’t the Raven section. This is about the ass-beating delivered to A Porsche “prototype” by the Model S plaid “prototype”.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LOL, ok. I'm not saying you are wrong but you posted about a bet and BOTH bettors stated that you are misrepresenting the bet entirely.

Last edited:
The problem with the Raven is the rear motor is still prone to overheating and the cooling system is not significantly different from my 2018 P100D. I can overheat that system in two consecutive 1/4 mile passes. This is simply not going to cut it over a 20km course running flat out. the Model 3 front motor in the Raven may continue to work but the major component of the overall output will be exhausted within a few miles.

To top it off, the brakes on the Model S are the same as, I believe, the 2015 Camaro, which is about a thousand pounds lighter. It's all fine and dandy on your average road but it will not take more than 2-3 hard braking zones before the brakes become ineffective and dangerous. Sure, the regen system can kick in and assist but that will significantly add to the already critical overheating problem in the drivetrain.

What we are seeing is real promise in the prototype Roadster drivetrain. This speaks directly to the capabilities we should expect out of the Roadster 2020.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: callmesam
Bold prediction, but ultimately will not age well. Model S will certainly not beat the Taycan time of 7:42. I would be surprised if it we see better than 8:30, especially if they do not have reserved time.

my p85d 2015 around 10 minutes in July 35deg c 50% SOC brakes were cooked after 6-10 corners went into limp at 10km overheating
not impressive at all my 2008 mini cooper-s would have killed it.

Reactions: St Charles
Taycan’s lap time 7:42 is not that fast compared to ICE cars. However I’m still wondering if roadster (non-spacex) could beat that. More probable Tesla will never bother doing that test and we will never know the answer.
I think this has been addressed (relatively quickly!) unless you think the Roadster will be slower than the plaid S.

Thread complete?