Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Compilation of Sentry Mode catching people

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody started a thread for all the folks Sentry Mode catches with door dings? (I saw the "Sentry Mode Saved me $1000" thread). If not, let's start with this gem I found today (another reason why I hate golf).

Man, I just wish there was a more prominent flash that would go off, to alert these lowlifes that they are being filmed (or maybe a robocop audio alert?). Then, instead of the HAL message, there should be a live multi-channel video stream displayed on the screen, so they can see themselves being recorded, along with instructions to text their contact and insurance info, so they can spare themselves the humiliation of having their faces and license plates posted on the internet for all to see.

Face recognition would be cool, too. ID the perps in real-time :D

Here’s a good one:

Made better by the poster’s description:

“Construction going on across the street from where I parked. Got a alert Sentry alarm was trigged so when I came home I found a nice dent on the rear panel. Sentry mode to the rescue. Truck driver and whole construction crew denied it was them. I told them I have you on video and then they all started singing like canary’s pointing fingers at each other. Without the sentry mode I would have been paying for this out of my own pocket. Are there any honest people left in this world?”

Man, I just wish there was a more prominent flash that would go off, to alert these lowlifes that they are being filmed (or maybe a robocop audio alert?). Then, instead of the HAL message, there should be a live multi-channel video stream displayed on the screen, so they can see themselves being recorded, along with instructions to text their contact and insurance info, so they can spare themselves the humiliation of having their faces and license plates posted on the internet for all to see.

Face recognition would be cool, too. ID the perps in real-time :D
How about an option to have your Tesla run them over? This would be possible when FSD is released. There should be different levels like with with AP: ‘Love Tap’, ‘Maim Not Kill’, and ‘It Was Self Defense’

• Funny
Reactions: GWord
Here’s a good one:

Made better by the poster’s description:

“Construction going on across the street from where I parked. Got a alert Sentry alarm was trigged so when I came home I found a nice dent on the rear panel. Sentry mode to the rescue. Truck driver and whole construction crew denied it was them. I told them I have you on video and then they all started singing like canary’s pointing fingers at each other. Without the sentry mode I would have been paying for this out of my own pocket. Are there any honest people left in this world?”

Geesh.