Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Compiling a must-have accessories list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have seen a lot of threads discussing specific accessories but have not seen anyone collect a master list of "must have accessories" on a google doc that new buyers could refer to. Things I have on my list which keeps growing while I wait for the car...

- Fob holders
- All weather mats
- Tire Repair Kit
- Seat protectors for child car seats
- Center console for those who want one (I will pass but other might want one)
- Compact USB memory stick for storing songs
- Window tinting
- Paint armor-type coating
- Charging accessories (extra adaptor, extension cords, etc)
- Cargo net for frunk
- iPhone/iPad apps for locating chargers
- Winter tires for those living in harsh weather areas

What else do people think is essential? If we get a good list I will compile the Google Doc with the relevant links for specific discussions about each accessory and post.

Thanks!

I have seen a lot of threads discussing specific accessories but have not seen anyone collect a master list of "must have accessories" on a google doc that new buyers could refer to. Things I have on my list which keeps growing while I wait for the car...

- Fob holders
- All weather mats
- Tire Repair Kit
- Seat protectors for child car seats
- Center console for those who want one (I will pass but other might want one)
- Compact USB memory stick for storing songs
- Window tinting
- Paint armor-type coating
- Charging accessories (extra adaptor, extension cords, etc)
- Cargo net for frunk
- iPhone/iPad apps for locating chargers
- Winter tires for those living in harsh weather areas

What else do people think is essential? If we get a good list I will compile the Google Doc with the relevant links for specific discussions about each accessory and post.

Thanks!
Since we wont be going to the gas station when the Model S arrives I ordered a Tire pressure gauge and i am looking at options for a home air compressor/in line air dryer? What about setting up electricity hook up in garage?

Can't forget about these accessories:

ku-bigpic.jpg

GasDoc, can you provide specifics? I'm assuming the BlackVue and considering it.../Ed

I have the BlackVue with HD and Wifi. It has served me really well.

The only issue that I have had with it is that it runs really hot to the touch. The GPS feature in is no longer functioning and I wonder if this is a heat related casualty.

Can't complain about the picture quality though.

Pair of needle nose pliers (in case you need to yank a fuse on the road)
100' heavy-duty/high-amperage extension cord (thrown in along with the charging cable / 110 adapter for long road trips in case you end up with no charge in BFE)
Red Tesla cap (for wearing when you saunter away from the vehicle while out running errands)
Storage bins for the frunk (especially if you shop at big-box stores where you end up with a cart full of un-bagged groceries)
Gloves or similar cushioning material (to be put in glove box along with a decent-sized MagLite LED flashlight, otherwise they make horrible clunking noises while you get enjoyment from bursts of rapid acceleration)

I have the BlackVue with HD and Wifi. It has served me really well.

The only issue that I have had with it is that it runs really hot to the touch. The GPS feature in is no longer functioning and I wonder if this is a heat related casualty.

Can't complain about the picture quality though.

GPS chip failure is known problem with Blackvue which has been discussed in various dashcam forums.