Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

complaince checks by Citibank for payment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah i was pretty pissed tesla just ignored the issue for 17 days.

I did email them on Monday as i had been getting no where and told them i wanted to cancel.

Then Angela in the finance dept actually made some proper enquires for me instead of just fobbing me off and explained what she had done and what was going on.

This reassurance that someone actually gave a *sugar* about it was actually really helpful.

She even emailed me twice today proactively to apologise how *sugar* it had been with Citibank and that the final payment had arrived.

So that was excellent customer service and really helped.

I was definitely at the point of cancelling prior to that.

Angela said they would refund the £1000 but told me it was very unusual what was happening etc so to basically hold on.

So all well that ends well.

Looking forward to the car now which is what a new car purchase should be about.
Glad you got this resolved.

A silly question but if anyone can advise - Should I make the transfer for the downpayment via a direct bank transfer using their sort code/account number or do you advise doing it as an international payment as there is also an IBAN number?

Thanks

A silly question but if anyone can advise - Should I make the transfer for the downpayment via a direct bank transfer using their sort code/account number or do you advise doing it as an international payment as there is also an IBAN number?

Thanks
Shouldn’t make any difference, I used sort code/account.

Just do a small denomination test amount first, then if your bank is like mine, you reuse the payee details and it even defaults the reference number to the one previously used.

Reactions: Schism2k

Thanks
Sort code & account use the Faster Payment Services (domestic) and is received within 2 hours, pretty often instantly .
Using IBAN will use SEPA/SWIFT network and takes at least 1 working day, two if you initiate it after a 5pm cut-off in most banks. And they might charge you fees...

Reactions: Schism2k