Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Complaint about shipping time from RPM Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
👇I didn't pay attention to the complaints about delivery from RPM tesla. Ordered an item 3 weeks ago. Their confirmation said they would ship within 2-8 days. When I called they said they are processing order. It is obvious to me that they have no inventory of any of the items they offer. When they receive an order, they then order from their supplier.

Teaches me to not paying to the warning from others on this site

👇I didn't pay attention to the complaints about delivery from RPM tesla. Ordered an item 3 weeks ago. Their confirmation said they would ship within 2-8 days. When I called they said they are processing order. It is obvious to me that they have no inventory of any of the items they offer. When they receive an order, they then order from their supplier.

Teaches me to not paying to the warning from others on this site
This must be highly dependent on the item ordered. I've ordered from them a couple times and the items arrived within a week of order. BTW, their Model 3 mud flaps (screw less version) are fantastic.

I purchased their center console overlay about a year ago (didn't like the glossy M3 glossy black). Process was slow for me too, and then they sent to wrong one. Instead of shipping back and forth to get correct one I drove there (road trip in my new M3! about an 80 mile drive) and had them swap it. From visiting them, they are a very small shop and were pretty busy and a bit unorganized. But very friendly and willing to accommodate.

I have ordered 4 products from them and have had an issue with 3 of them. However, the other item is one of my favorite mods on my MYP (Cargo & Pet Cover for Model S Model X & Model Y). The 4 mud flaps they sent me had 1 front driver, 2 front passenger and 1 rear driver. Their shipping is super slow and customer service is downright terrible. The demo video on the website for the

Model Y Knight-Rider Barbwire or OEM LED Turn Signal/Tail Lights (1 Pair)​

are not the same lights you receive. Mine blink 3 times every time you let off the accelerator or brake. I have learned my lesson with this company. I would prefer to buy my accessories from a US company but not this one.

This is some shady crap. I ordered 3 items from RPM tesla. Package was delivered minus the ppf rocker kit and on the invoice it just says backordered. There was no email asking me if I still wanted to order this backordered item. No communication that it was backordered. No communication about any estimated delivery time. They have no problem taking my money and the thing is they never advertised it as back ordered and as of right now it still doesn't show not in stock on their website. Never had a company pull that crap with me before.

Reactions: marcham
This is some shady crap. I ordered 3 items from RPM tesla. Package was delivered minus the ppf rocker kit and on the invoice it just says backordered. There was no email asking me if I still wanted to order this backordered item. No communication that it was backordered. No communication about any estimated delivery time. They have no problem taking my money and the thing is they never advertised it as back ordered and as of right now it still doesn't show not in stock on their website. Never had a company pull that crap with me before.

i see it that way too. if they just order off aliexpress you can do that yourself and get 50% discount....

Go to Abstract Ocean. They’re in Texas. If they don’t have something, suggest it and maybe they’ll make or procure it. Good, reliable folks.

Go to Abstract Ocean. They’re in Texas. If they don’t have something, suggest it and maybe they’ll make or procure it. Good, reliable folks.

abstract ocean are also just an aliexpress reseller

I ordered several items from RPM Tesla back in mid-February. I spent about $1,600 with them for 5 items. None of the items are shown as back ordered or long lead items. None are listed as oversized. My order has not been fulfilled per their website, and it has been almost 4 weeks now. Have others had similar slow service from RPM?

I ordered some parts from Jowua in Taiwan at the same time on the same date, and they arrived weeks ago. Same with other vendors. I could understand long shipping issues or back ordered parts, but it seems like they have forgotten about my order.

I have reached out to them several times. Most emails back appear to be canned responses. They noted orders may take 10 days to ship when I ordered... but I'm at 28 days without an explanation. To add insult to injury, they are claiming they ship new orders in 2 days - which seems unlikely from my experience.

What have your experiences been with RPM Tesla? Are they legit? Are they going insolvent? Or is this par for the course?

What have your experiences been with RPM Tesla? Are they legit? Are they going insolvent? Or is this par for the course?
They're legit, and still there as of last week anyway. They are a small shop though, and having visited their office they seem a bit unorganized. We did have our center console charger go a bit wacky on us a couple weeks ago (difficulties charging two phones at once), and called them up and they shipped us a new one within days at no cost at all to replace, and didn't require shipping the bad one back. It took a couple calls to them to actually reach someone, as they did not return a call when a VM was left. Bought a couple times from them and both went okay. Although the first purchase did take a week or so to get.