Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Complaints about Model 3 pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

I know similar discussions have happened a few times on this forum and as far as I can remember, some responses have been insane.

Anyway, not me saying this, but saw someone shoot this out on Twitter today. If anyone wants to give him a lecture on this, I’ll drop the Twitter link right below:

Tian Ye on Twitter

763DB97B-E8A7-4933-B23D-3B59C5A0F762.jpeg

• Disagree
Reactions: mlkmade
I know how much this sucks because it happened to me as well. I think at the end of the day there is going to need to be a big ideological shift around new car prices. I think decades of experience have taught us that new cars gradually get more expensive over time. This is because the most expensive parts of cars in the past have been mechanical parts which generally get more complex over time, and don't have a rapid pace of innovation any more. With EVs in particular this is no longer so straight forward since the most expensive parts of the cars are (currently) chemical\electronic in nature, and those tend to get cheaper over time, even as they get more complex.

Or do what I do once I buy a shiny new piece of electronic (I.e. big screen TV, laptop or computer), stopped looking at the prices once I bought it and the return policy has expired!

It will only give you heartache, and new technology goes down in price.

It's called ''early adopter fee''.
Elon has previously discussed the concept in several interviews.
Basically if you can't wait you have to pay. More.

I agree 100% and why I waited 3 years from my reservation to get the $35K SR (-3.8K fed credit)

That price is yet to be breached, but elon did throw down the $25K gauntlet w/ FSD. Wonder what that will look like and when.

Tesla doesn't have model years.

They do now. There were some major changes for the 2021 model year.

Prior to model year 2020 my understanding is they label their vehicle model year (MY) based on the year it was built in so anything built in 2018 is a MY18. That changed in 2019. I received my MY20 in November 2019 :D

The 2021 has substantial upgrades and even cheaper price and I'm glad to see it as I plan on trading in for a MY2024, maybe a 2025 since mine has only seen 200 miles in the last 7 months thanks to COVID19.

I'm hoping by then they update the pano roof to be a single pane of glass like the Y, suspension absorbs more bumps etc, and of course > 400mi of range on a single charge in the performance model :) My guess is the Boxster EV will be here by then so the year 2023 will be interesting assuming we dont all die from COVID19.